Adapted Physical Education Teacher (.5 FTE Part Time 2020-2021 FY)
VACANCY: The Valley View Public School District is seeking an individual to fill a full-time Physical Education with Adaptive Approval position.
JOB SUMMARY: The teacher is responsible for planning and delivering instructional lessons that meet the needs of students with moderate to severe disabilities in the areas of balance, strength, mobility, and fine and gross motor coordination; and employing effective instructional techniques. The teacher will provide direct and consultative services to learners who require adaptive physical education as well as participate in the IEP process for students either being evaluated for or already receiving said services.
- Applicants must hold the appropriate State of Illinois (PEL) Professional Educator License with Physical Education Endorsement and an Adaptive PE Approval or ability to attain an Adaptive PE Approval
- Demonstrated skill in diagnosing, prescribing, assessing student learning, and appropriate record keeping
- Ability to write and implement Individualized Education Plans (IEP’s)
- Knowledge of current teaching techniques, computers and multimedia.
- Applicants must be able to structure a classroom to maximize student learning
- Applicants must be able to establish effective communication skills with a variety of stakeholders
- A commitment to the high school program and philosophy
- Experience and willingness to participate in co-curricular program as sponsor, supervisor or coach
- Candidate must hold or be able to complete and maintain CPR certification.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work year for this position is 185 days. Salary is in accordance with the teacher salary schedule.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applicants should apply on line at www.vvsd.org and upload a letter of application with a resume and three (3) current letters of recommendation, dated within the last twelve (12) months.
SELECTION PROCEDURE: Interviews with selected applicants will be held as soon as practicable.