Behavioral Interventionist (2020-2021 SY)
VACANCY: The Valley View Public School District is seeking an individual to fill a full-time Behavioral Interventionist position.
JOB SUMMARY: Identify, develop and plan targeted interventions which allow
students to access the general education curriculum successfully by reducing or
eliminating behaviors causing missed instructional time. Generate/implement
programs to remediate behavioral and social problems for all students and
provide consultation and direct services to school personnel and parents of these
- Actively identify and address systemic barriers to learning impacting the general education classroom.
- Develop, implement and evaluate programs that address educational and behavioral concerns.
- Train staff in evidence-based strategies, in addition to the implementation, and evaluation of practices.
- Provide administrators and staff with resources that promote cultural awareness as it relates to how students with behavior and social problems can achieve academic success.
- Serve as a liaison to families, the community members and other stakeholders to ensure constant communication.
- Actively participate as a member of the school leadership team for developing and implementing plans to address overall school academic and behavioral performance.
- Scheduling of students for the next school year and/or scheduling needs during the school year.
- Collect, analyze and utilize data to make informed decisions for academic and behavioral needs of students.
- Provide direct support to students within and outside the classroom setting.
- Participate as a team member in the evaluation process of students with social and emotional concerns impacting academics.
- Lead grade level teams in the development, revision or implementation of behavior plans.
- Plan and confer with school teams concerning social emotional and behavioral issues.
- Provide support services to Parents.
- Enforce and support District and School policies, philosophies and objectives with students and parents.
- Participate in staff development and school improvement activities in order to maintain professional growth. Plan and implement best practices and strategies.
- Encouraged to participate in events outside of the regularly scheduled work day.
- Serve as a role model for all students and perform their duties to create an environment that is conducive to providing students an enhanced and engaged learning opportunity.
- Other duties as assigned by the building Administrators.
- Type 73 or Type 75 required (School counselor Type 73 preferred).
- Illinois (PEL) Professional Educator License
- Experience with self-contained programs as well as a proven track record of group and individual academic and social/emotional interventions for students in need.
- Highly trained in the areas of Social and Emotional Learning.
- Maintains appropriate confidentiality.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships; demonstrate a commitment to teamwork.
- Ability to learn and utilize office equipment, computers, and software especially as systems is updated.
- Ability to react well under pressure, handle and balance multiple demands at one time, work with frequent interruptions, and perform duties and tasks at expected levels of professionalism.
- Extensive knowledge of and ability to perform duties in compliance with all district, Board, state and federal laws, methods, requirements, policies, procedures, and activities pertinent to the duties of this position.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to prepare and maintain accurate files and records.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Salary is in accordance with the teacher salary schedule. The work year for this position is 185 days. The District offers excellent fringe benefits such as health, dental and life insurance.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applicants should apply on line at www.vvsd.org and upload a letter of application with a resume and three (3) current letters of recommendation, dated within the last twelve (12) months.
SELECTION PROCEDURE: Interviews with selected applicants will be held as soon as practicable after the deadline date.