Social Worker (.5 FTE Part Time 2020-2021 SY)
VACANCY: The Valley View Public School District is seeking an individual to fill a part-time Social Worker position.
JOB SUMMARY: The Social Worker will provide both direct and consultative support to students requiring social work support. The Social Worker is responsible to the Building Principal and the Director of Special Education for working cooperatively with school personnel in the identification, diagnosis, and remediation of individual students with specialized needs. Social Worker should be a strong advocate that supports the school building by helping with issues surrounding social emotional functioning.
- Current Illinois (PEL) Professional Educator License, School Social Worker (PK-12)
- Excellent communications skills with students, teachers, parents and SRT, and a willingness to spend the time to assure that such communication takes place
- Satisfactory special education social worker experience
- Must possess thorough knowledge of behavior management/group counseling techniques
- Must possess thorough ability to provide social skills training to students
- Demonstrated experience in providing parent education
- Additional duties may from time to time be assigned in accordance with provisions of the Board's policies and requirements.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work year for this position is 185 days. Salary is in accordance with the teacher salary schedule.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applicants should apply on line at www.vvsd.org and upload a letter of application with a resume and three (3) current letters of recommendation, dated within the last twelve (12) months.
SELECTION PROCEDURE: Interviews with selected applicants will be held as soon as practicable.