Bilingual Speech and Language Pathologist (2020-2021 SY)
VACANCY: The Valley View Public School District is seeking an individual to fill a full-time Bilingual (Spanish) Speech and Language Pathologist position.
JOB SUMMARY: The Speech-Language Pathologist will provide Bilingual Spanish speaking students with both consult, integrated, and direct services to support the speech goals as outlined in each student’s IEP. They will also conduct both screening and assessments as part of the IEP/evaluation process. Additional duties may be assigned in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policies and requirements.
- Applicants must hold appropriate State of Illinois (PEL) Professional Educator License in Speech Language Pathology
- Also required Bilingual Education Endorsement
- Experience as a Speech-Language Pathologist (Preferred)
- Ability to write and implement Individual Educational Plans (IEP's)
- Ability to evaluate and interpret results for bilingual (Spanish) assessments
- Excellent communication skills with students, teachers, parents and student resource team, and a willingness to spend the time to assure that such communication takes place
- Ability to provide help in modifying instructional materials for students assigned to his/her classroom
- Experience communicating with bilingual (Spanish) families verbally and in writing
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work year for this position is 185 days. Salary is in accordance with the teacher salary schedule. The District offers excellent fringe benefits, including life, health and dental insurance. Clinical fellowship supervision is available.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applicants should apply on line at www.vvsd.org and upload a letter of application with a resume and three (3) current letters of recommendation, dated within the last twelve (12) months.
SELECTION PROCEDURE: Interviews with selected applicants will be held as soon as practicable.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER