Speech-Language Therapist (03) (2020-2021 SY)
Job | Posted 2 months ago
POSITION PURPOSE: To enable students to develop communication skills needed to achieve their maximum academic and social potential.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:ADDITIONAL DUTIES: Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Director of Special Education, Chief Instructional Services Officer, Superintendent or other district office administrator as designated by the Superintendent.
Conducts evaluation of students with communicative disorders.
Evaluates and diagnoses speech and language disorders.
Develops and implements individualized education plans to meet the unique needs of each student receiving therapy service.
Develops appropriate service delivery models to meet the needs of students.
Refers students to other professional and community agencies when needed.
Consults with classroom teachers and other school personnel to facilitate carry-over of therapy gains into classroom activities.
Provides information, support, and guidance to parents/guardians and families.
Assists teachers in the identification of children with communicative disorders.
Maintains records for students evaluated and receiving services.
Informs administrators and other members of the educational team of program developments and student progress.
Engages in personal professional growth and demonstrates professional ethics and leadership.
Coordinates services with other school programs.
Demonstrates proficiency in written and oral communication.
Adheres to school system rules, administrative procedures, local board policy, and state and federal rules and regulations.
- Must have a valid South Carolina teaching or be able to obtain one within 60 days from being hired.
- Must have completed a program of study in Speech Therapy education from an accredited college or university.
Unless reasonable accommodations can be made, while performing this job the staff member shall:
Use strength to lift items needed to perform the functions of the job.
Sit, stand and walk for required periods of time.
Speak and hear.
Use close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception along with the ability to focus vision.
Communicate effectively in English, using proper grammar and vocabulary. American Sign Language or Braille may also be considered as acceptable forms of communication.
Reach with hands and arms and use hands and fingers to handle objects and operate tools, technology equipment, computers, and/or controls.
- Work effectively with and respond to diverse cultures or backgrounds.
- Demonstrate professionalism and appropriate judgment in behavior, speech, and dress in a neat, clean and professional manner for the assignment and work setting.
- Have regular and punctual attendance.
- Follow all District policies, work procedures, and reasonable requests by the proper authorities.
REPORTS TO: Director of Special Education
DAYS PER YEAR: 190
SALARY CLASSIFICATION: Paid on the Certified Personnel Salary Schedule
EMPLOYEE GROUP: Certified
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Must apply online by completing an "Certified" application and adding this specific job to your online application.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
EMPLOYEE'S ACKNOWLEDGEMENT STATEMENT:
1. I have reviewed the above position description and understand its contents.
2. I am aware that my position description may be revised or updated at any time and once notified of changes, I remain responsible for knowledge of its contents.
3. I hereby certify that I possess the physical and mental ability to fulfill the essential functions of the above position with or without reasonable accommodation(s). If I require accommodation(s) in order to fulfill any or all of these functions, I agree to provide information to the District regarding the requested accommodation(s).
Employee's Name (Print): ___________________________________
Employee's Signature: ___________________________________
THE BEAUFORT COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Beaufort County School District
2900 Mink Point Boulevard, Beaufort, SC 29902
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $11,316 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 6%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.20
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 766