Camp Colton- Nurse
Posted 2 months ago
FLAGSTAFF UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 1
CAMP COLTON NURSEPosition Title: Camp Colton Nurse
Department/Section: Camp Colton-Project Life
Supervisor: Camp Colton Director
Compensation: $483.50/ 24 hour shift; $357.60/12 hour shift
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
Seasonal position in 12 hour shifts (7am-7pm, 7pm-7am). A Nurse that can be present 24 hours a day and based at the Camp is preferred. The Camp Nurse is responsible for the health of all student campers and staff at Camp Colton, provides routine and emergency medical care within the parameters of certification, and is the authorized designee responsible for administration of daily medications. The Nurse also performs Camp-related duties.
These examples do not include all possible tasks in this work and do not limit the assignment of related tasks in any position of this class.
- As a core member of the Camp Colton team, ensures a positive, enjoyable and safe experience for student Campers, staff and visitors. Participates in and supports general Camp activities as medical duties allow.
- Provides medical attention to students and staff within the parameters of certification (RN) and in accordance with FUSD’s medical protocol.
- Orients Camp staff to medical protocol/procedure, informs staff of pertinent student-related health issues, and provides staff with medical supplies (first aid kits, emergency contact lists) for field-based programs.
- Manages and ensures the functionality and cleanliness of the Camp’s medical office, supplies and equipment. Informs the Camp Director of maintenance issues.
- Inventories medical supplies and makes resupply requests to the Camp Director.
- Reviews and maintains medical office paperwork and student medical forms.
- Ensures the proper storage and administration of medications per student medical forms.
- Documents all medical activities and delivers weekly reports to Camp Director.
- Provides triage duties and supports the Camp’s risk management plan and protocol.
- Assists the Camp Director with ensuring overall Camp safety and provides leadership and support to staff and students.
- Supervises and provides childcare to students within the scope of providing medical services and/or general program support.
- Performs miscellaneous camp duties, maintenance, and team projects as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned and in all weather conditions.
Specific training or job experience required before appointment
- RN license
- Finger print card
- Coconino County Department of Health Services Food Handler’s Certificate preferred
- Prior Camp or field-based medical experience desired
- Enjoys working in an outdoor setting and with children.
For more information, contact Mary Giannola, Camp Colton Director; (928) 853-3040; firstname.lastname@example.org)
Thank you for your interest in the Flagstaff Unified School District. Applicants must be appropriately certified/licensed. Arizona applicants, you must include w/ your completed application, copies of transcripts, current AZ Registered Nurse License; current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification for Health Care Providers. Out of State applicants will be considered. However, all requirements must be met prior to new hire appointment and beginning job assignment. Official transcripts & employment verifications may be required at time of hire for proper placement on the salary schedule. Missing documents will result in application being returned & not moving forward in the process. (Applicable to current & out of district employees).
All employees are subject to a criminal background check. The Flagstaff Unified School District is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in relation to race, color, religion, gender expression, sexual orientation, military status, age, national origin, or disability. Offers of employment, contingent upon funding.