Health Education 6th-8th (.50 FTE)
Job | Posted 2 months ago
Lincolnshire-Prairie View School District 103 is seeking to fill position for part-time (.50 FTE) 6th -8th grade health teacher.
- Plan and implement a program of study employing instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting District goals and objectives.
- Create a classroom and school environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
- Assume responsibility for the safety and well-being of students under his/her direct supervision.
- Maintain written lesson plans, identifying clear objectives for all lessons, and submit for administrative review as required.
- Evaluate students on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required.
- Maintain and submit reports and records as required.
- Communicate with students and parents or guardians on a regular basis.
- Assist the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct and develop reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintain order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Maintain and improve professional competence.
- Attend meetings and serve on committees.
- Perform such other duties and assume other responsibilities as may be assigned by the principal or administrative designee.
- Candidate must hold a valid Illinois teaching Professional Educator License (PEL)
- Must hold middle school endorsement in Health
- Ability to communicate (written/verbal),make decisions, resolve conflict and effectively work with staff, students, and Administration
Responsibilities include: working under limited supervision using standardized practices and/or methods.
The usual and customary methods of performing the jobs functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 20% sitting, 40% walking, and 40% standing. This job is performed in a generally clean and healthy environment.
Apply on-line only
Lincolnshire-Prairie View School District 103 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty. We strongly encourage culturally diverse applicants to apply online for consideration.
Administrators review applications on a regular basis and will contact potential candidates for interview
Lincolnshire-Prairie View School District 103
1370 N Riverwoods Rd, Lincolnshire, IL 60069-2402
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,341 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 10%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.71
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 246