Maintenance Specialist: Facilities/Operations
Reports To: Operations Coordinator
Division: Administrative Services
Salary: This is a full-time 12-month position at 232 days with a minimum annual salary of $27,257.00.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
Complete routine cleaning and maintenance procedures to maintain a high standard of safety, cleanliness and efficiency of building operations and grounds.
- High school diploma or GED preferred; or appropriate work experience
- Texas drivers license and insurability required
- Motor vehicle record clearance required
- Good employment history in construction and/or building maintenance required
- Experience working independently and following directions
- Experience in self-directed work
Special Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to handle maintenance supplies in accordance with standard procedures required
- Strong interpersonal, communication (verbal and writing), and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a physically demanding job that includes heavy lifting and standing
Major (Essential) Responsibilities and Duties: (? Include supervisory responsibilities, fiscal responsibility, extent of public contact and consider other duties and responsibilities.)
- Serve as a representative of ESC Region 13, displaying courtesy, tact, consideration and discretion in all interactions with other members of the educational community and with the public.
- Perform daily inspection of building and grounds for needed repairs and ensure maintenance is completed in a timely manner.
- Address all work orders from people using the building within the next business day, and work to solve any problems with building facilities that cannot be fixed immediately.
- Ensure that all floors and surfaces are kept free from spills, debris or dirt by performing daily mopping, cleaning, dusting and sanitizing.
- Set up meeting space for conferences by preparing rooms with adequate table and seating space depending on the number of guests expected.
- Responsible for preparing daily coffee for staff and vendors.
- Move, install, assemble, and repair all furniture and equipment as needed.
- Drive company vehicle for pick-ups and delivery
- Maintain an inventory of equipment, supplies and repair parts.
- Perform preventative maintenance and general janitorial duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Box cutter, dolly, vacuum cleaner, hand tools, power tools, ladders, and other maintenance related equipment
- Follows detailed instructions, policies and procedures
- Maintains emotional control
- Heavy lifting and carrying required
- Frequent walking
- Stooping, sitting, bending, hearing, speaking, visual acuity and repetitive hand motions
- Works around machinery with moving parts and cutting devices
The above statements are intended to describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills that may be required.
Frequently asked questions:
- What are my opportunities for development and advancement at Region 13? We budget in professional development for you to learn new skills and stay current with the industry. This could include attending conferences and/or enrolling in online courses. New or advanced positions are generally added based on workload growth and statewide budget decisions.
- What types of benefits does Region 13 offer? Region 13 employees pay into Teacher Retirement System of Texas (www.trs.texas.gov) and social security. Aetna is our primary healthcare provider and we offer supplemental benefits for vision, dental, etc. We offset the cost of this healthcare with a substantial employer contribution.
- How much time off does Region 13 offer? Region 13 is closed for about 25 days in observance of major holidays. Employees also receive 10 vacation days, 10 personal leave days, and 3 optional holidays. We are a 7am-6pm organization with an 8 hour work day within that timeframe, but we honor a healthy work-life balance. As workload fluctuates, you have the opportunity to take flex and telecommute days to accommodate that balance.