Music Teacher - Gades K through 8
Job | Posted 2 months ago
Elementary/Middle School Music Teacher
Terms of Employment: 10-month Employee
Reports to: Head of School
Salary: Current Odyssey Charter School Teacher Salary Scale
- Must hold or be eligible to obtain a valid Delaware Certificate in required content area in accordance with 14 Del. C. § 1531.
- Successful completion of Praxis II exams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach Music to K through 8 Students.
- Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of the students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepares for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Assess the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides reports as required, as well as notifying parents of student progress when necessary.
- Provides individualized and small group instruction (as necessary) to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil. Determines the appropriate pace for instruction related to students' abilities and explains material and subject content to students and parents. Differentiates instruction for students based upon need and works with students and other teachers in inclusive settings.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Works cooperatively with all staff and parents.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Favorable Criminal Background Check and Child Abuse Registry Check for the candidate who is offered employment
- Tuberculin Test
- Mandatory Direct Deposit of paycheck
Odyssey Charter School does not discriminate in employment or in educational programs, services or activities based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, military/veteran status, disability, marital status or any other protected category in accordance with state and federal laws.
Please Contact: email@example.com