Clearcreek Elementary - School Psychologist (anticipated)
School Psychologist (Anticipated)
General Description: Under administrative direction, provides consultation, counseling, intensive psycho- educational assessment of children, case management, screening, and referral to appropriate agencies. Reports to the Director of Special Education.
Duties and Performance Expectations/Essential Functions
1. Assesses difficulties of referred students through appropriate assessment and diagnostic practices.
2. Administers assessments and screens that lead to interventions for referred students.
3. Serves on building intervention assistance teams as requested.
4. Serves as manager for referred students being assessed.
5. Consults with teachers, parents, and other educational personnel as requested.
6. Conducts short term individual or group counseling for identified needs.
7. Confers with teachers, parents, and administrators as necessary.
8. Attends case conferences for individual students.
9. Has working knowledge of the Intervention-Based Multi-Factored Evaluation Process.
10. Serves as a consultant on mental health topics and behavioral concerns of children, and provides staff development for school personnel.
11. Prepares and submits required reports of assessment and case management in a timely manner.
12. Acts as liaison between the school and community agencies.
13. Attends staff, professional, and interagency meetings as required.
14. Conducts appropriate school-based research
15. Keeps abreast of new developments in the field.
• Master’s Degree or higher
• Valid Ohio School Psychologist Certificate
• Experience as a School Psychologist preferred
• Must possess valid Ohio Driver’s License.
• Must pass criminal background check.
Conditions of Employment
• Effective Date: 2020-2021 school year
• Terms of Employment: 185 day contract (Plus possible extended days at per diem rate.)
• Salary and Benefits: Based on the current negotiated agreement