Castleberry Elementary Counselor
Reports to: Principal Pay Grade: Teacher Pay Scale
Dept./School: Assigned Campus Calendar: 197
Primary Purpose:Work with school faculty and staff, students, parents, and community to plan, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive developmental guidance and counseling program at school assigned. Counsel students to fully develop each student’s academic, career, personal, and social abilities and address the needs of special populations students.
Master’s degree in guidance counseling
Valid Texas counseling certificate
Knowledge of counseling procedures, student appraisal, and career development
Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
Three years teaching experience
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Teach campus developmental guidance curriculum consistent with district’s guidance program plan and tailored to campus needs.
- Assist teachers in the teaching of guidance-related curriculum.
- Guide individuals and groups of students to develop education plans and career awareness.
- Counsel individual students and small groups with presenting needs and concerns.
- Consult parents, teachers, administrators, and other relevant people to enhance their work with students.
- Work with school and community personnel to bring together resources for students.
- Maintain a communication system that effectively collects and disseminates information to other professionals as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with other school professionals and representatives of community resources.
- Use an effective referral process to assist students and others to use special programs and services.
- Participate in planning and evaluation of campus standardized testing program.
- Interpret tests and other appraisal results appropriately and communicate to school personnel, students, and their parents.
- Maintain the confidentiality of student assessment.
- Assist principal with Family Engagement planning and activities.
- Plan school guidance and counseling programs to ensure that they meet identified needs, priorities, and program objectives.
- Implement a comprehensive and balanced program.
- Develop and coordinate a continuing evaluation of the guidance program and individual activities and make changes based on findings.
- Educate the school staff, parents, and community about the guidance program through a public information program.
- Compile, maintain, and file all required physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and board policy in guidance and counseling area.
- Comply with all district and campus routines and regulations.
- Maintain a positive and effective relationship with supervisors.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, students, and parents.
- Adhere to ethical and legal standards and model behavior that is professional, and responsible.
- Participate in professional development to improve skills related to job assignment.
Supervisory Responsibilities:Supervise assigned counseling aide(s) and clerical employee(s).
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress.
A complete application should be sent to:
David Rodriguez, Executive Director of Human Resources & Operations
Castleberry I.S.D. 5228 Ohio Garden
Fort Worth, Texas 76114
You may submit an On-line Application at www.castleberryisd.net
All personnel of the Castleberry Independent School District shall be employed without regard to national origin, race, religion, sex, creed, age or handicapping condition.