School Nurse- TBD #4416
Position: School Nurse
Location: To be determined
Start Date: 2020-2021 School Year
Employment: 10 months/year - includes benefits - full-time
JOB GOALS: This school nurse position will service students in the assigned school.
SALARY: Teacher salary schedule based on experience and degree. Salary Schedule can be found on the district’s website: https://www.christinak12.org/cms/lib/DE50000539/Centricity/Domain/130/FY2020%20Teachers.pdf
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Interested applicants need to submit a complete online teaching application a letter of interest, a resume, valid Delaware state nursing license, transcripts, Praxis scores and three current (within one year) professional references. Previous submissions will not automatically flow to this posting. In order to be considered for this position, you must apply specifically for the Job ID listed for this position. Apply online: http://www.applitrack.com/christina/onlineapp/default.aspx
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing required
- Three years supervised clinical nursing experience required
- Licensed registered nurse meeting state qualifications for school nurse.
- Must hold and maintain a valid and current certification in CPR and in the use of AED
- Must complete within 24 months of hire, ninety clock hours of training approved by the Dept. of Ed. consisting of school nursing, health education, testing and screening, counseling and guidance, and introduction to exceptional children.
- Demonstrates strong ability to communicate with children and families in writing and speaking.
- Knowledge of software applications, preferred.
- Experience as a school nurse, preferred.
- Knowledge of school nursing requirements and pediatrics.
- Ability to work with students in preschool through grade 12 (ages 3 to 21), diagnosed with developmental disabilities.
- Must be able to stand and work continuously for a minimum of 4 hours per workday.
- Minimum lifting requirements- 50 pounds (with assistance).
- Must be able to use arms and hands without restrictions to accommodate the physical, mobility, and ambulatory needs of students.
- Follow the state guidelines for nursing to ensure the health and wellness of students and staff.
- Conduct daily nursing procedures including but not limited to dispensing of medications and data entry of office visits.
- Communicate with parents, physicians, staff and community as necessary to ensure student and staff wellness.
- Maintain confidentiality of all medical cases following state and federal laws.
- Accompany students with medical needs requiring nursing support on weekly community outings and field trips.
- Other related duties as assigned.
The Christina School District is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other categories protected by federal, state, or local law. Inquiries regarding compliance with the above may be directed to the Title IX/Section 504 Coordinator, Christina School District, 600 North Lombard Street, Wilmington, DE 19801; Telephone: (302) 552-2600.