All applicants must apply online. Must hold a valid MS Educator License with the endorsement code(s): 181, 182, 185, 187, 188, or 189. Please email your Letter of Interest and Resume with 3 references to Sean Brewer, Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: High School Science Teacher
Reports To: Building Principal
FLSA Status: Exempt
The educator is the primary instructional delivery person in the classroom. Student learning and growth are primarily dependent on the work and efforts of the classroom teacher. The position is demanding, varied and complex. The classroom teacher must be a relationship builder, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be will trained in content knowledge and teaching strategies.
· Possess proper certification and current licensure for position as required by the Mississippi Department of Education
· Hold at least a valid Class “A” Certificate issued by the Mississippi State Department of Education and endorsed in the field of instruction to which he/she is assigned
· Have met other qualifications and requirements as established by the school district
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Teaches science classes at a proficient level based upon the MCSD standards of professional practice.
· Maintains appropriate licenses and training hours as required.
· Works closely with administration and staff to develop an appropriate instructional program.
· Develops instructional lessons commensurate with teaching assignment and consistent with adopted curriculum.
· Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of all students.
· Prepares written plans for each day’s lessons.
· Establishes appropriate plans for substitute teachers.
· Works with specific program and special education staff to best serve the educational needs of all students.
· Creates an environment that is conducive to learning.
· Develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior that complements district’s philosophy on discipline.
· Communicates expectations regarding student behavior to student and parent/guardian.
· Monitors progress and interpret evaluation results of students on a regular basis and provide appropriate progress reports.
· Maintains accurate and complete records as required by law and Board policy.
· Attends staff meetings, serve on committees, and participate in in-service activities.
· Keeps a current inventor of classroom curriculum materials, supplies, and equipment.
· Provides learning experiences for student commensurate with their ability and interest and which promote high expectations for all students commensurate their ability and interest and which promote high expectations for all students.
· Develops written lesson plan containing specific performance objectives.
· Monitors student performance by becoming thoroughly familiar with the student’s records and utilizing test data to improve instruction.
· Provides a safe, orderly atmosphere conducive to learning.
· Develops and maintain a classroom discipline plan in keeping with School Board policies and procedures.
· Be responsible for supervision of students inside and outside the classroom as required by school board policy.
· Assists in selecting supplies, materials, textbooks, and equipment to enhance learning.
· Participates in professional staff development activities.
· Strives for excellence in all school related endeavors.
· Cooperates with local and district staff in planning and implementing system-wide goals and objectives.
· Attends regular and called faculty meetings.
· Keeps accurate records and provide students with feedback on completed assignments.
· Upgrades teaching certificate as required by state certification standards and local district policy.
· Be punctual and conscientious in school attendance and participate in related functions as assigned by the principal.
· Clears any absence, as far in advance as possible, with the principal or his/her designee
· Assists in upholding and enforcing school rules and regulations, administrative procedures, and School board policies.
· Maintains good public relations with parents and students.
· Assist in the continuing development of subject area curriculum objectives.
· Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms
· Be cognizant of the rules and regulations, policies, and procedures governing special education programs within the school district
· Be knowledgeable of the district’s curriculum, Mississippi Curriculum frameworks, Mississippi assessment System, FLE skills in his/her subject area(s)
· Participates cooperatively in the supervision-evaluation process for the purpose of improving instruction and student achievement.
· Assists other teachers in the instructional improvement process.
· Work collegially with other teachers in the sharing of ideas and skills.
· Performs all other duties and responsibilities assigned by the principal in order to contribute to an effective school operation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk; sit; use hands for fine manipulation, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms using a keyboard and video display terminal. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 35 pounds and occasionally up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is a standard office setting and school/classroom combined with a server room. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate and occasionally high.
|Note: This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated with the job. The job description is not a contract or employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. The school district may add to, modify or delete any aspect of this job (or the position itself) at any time as it deems advisable.|