Teacher for Autism Spectrum Disorder - ASD Classroom
Job Goal: To establish and maintain an educational program which will help student with autism achieve positive academic, physical, social, emotional, behavioral, and pre-vocational development.
1. Bachelor Degree with endorsement in Autism Spectrum Disorder or Bachelor Degree with special education endorsement. Autism Spectrum Disorder endorsement preferred.
2. Valid Michigan Teacher Certificate
3. Demonstrated ability to handle aggressive behavior, both physically and emotionally
4. Demonstrated ability to handle conflict productively
5. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with general education staff to support inclusion.
6. Such alternative to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable