FRENCH TEACHER (.5)
Posting Opens March 27, 2020 Opened Until Filled
Akron Board of Education announces a possible opening for a French Teacher, (.5), Job Code 006P, TS 380 (190 Days), Salary Range TBD, Collective Bargaining Unit – AEA. This is a State Teachers Retirement System position.
Application must be made electronically through https://www.applitrack.com/akron/onlineapp/. Please upload a letter of interest, resume, and a current copy of teaching license in addition to completing the online application. The Superintendent reserves the right to either keep the position open until suitable applicants are found or to cancel and repost the position with such changes as may be deemed appropriate.
If you have questions about the position, please contact Mark Black, Executive Director Secondary Schools, at 330-761-3079 or Human Resources 330-761-2946.
- Valid Ohio K-12 teaching certificate/licensure in French;
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interest and abilities of students, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior;
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of students;
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives;
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports;
- Counsels with colleagues, students and/or parents on a regular basis;
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct; for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner;
- Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and/or volunteer(s) and, cooperatively with department heads, evaluates their job performance;
- Maintains accurate, complete and correct records as required by law, district policy and administrative regulations;
- Accepts a share of responsibility for co-curricular activities as assigned;
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence;
- Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required; and
- Reports to and carries out any other responsibilities as assigned by the building principal.
AKRON PUBLIC SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER