Special Education Self Contained(1.0 FTE)
Description: Special Education Self Contained (K-8 Building)
Job Summary: Provide quality instruction aligned to the Illinois Learning Standards, while developing a positive rapport with students; provide a learning environment that supports students; use of effective and positive communication skills and establish positive, work with para professional to support students, collegial relationships within the school community.
- Ability to
- Modify instruction to meet student needs
- Cooperate with the school faculty and administration in the development and implementation of an articulated program of instruction
- Work effectively with pupils, parents and guardians, staff members, and community representatives in providing an appropriate educational program
- Understand the physical, intellectual, social, and emotional patterns of pupils
- Skill in or knowledge of
- Writing and implementing IEPs
- Engaging teaching
- Exercising sound and professional judgment
Working Conditions: River Grove School is a Pre-K-Eighth grade building in the western suburbs of Chicago.