Long-Term Substitute Teacher
Long Term Substitute/Teacher
Location: Odyssey Charter School
Terms of Employment: Reported time position
Reports to: Building Level Dean
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Bachelor's degree required.
Teacher certification (any state) a plus.
State of Delaware retirees are eligible, but subject to pension rules.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach students their specific grade content.
- Uses the provided program or may need to plan a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of the students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepares for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides reports as required, as well as notifying parents of student progress when necessary.
- Diagnoses the learning disabilities of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of district specialists as required.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Works cooperatively with all staff and parents.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Favorable Criminal Background Check and Child Abuse Registry Check for the candidate who is offered employment
- Tuberculin Test
- Mandatory Direct Deposit of paycheck
Interested External applicants: Must apply online and upload a letter of interest, resume, proof of certification, the most recent job evaluation, and three (3) letters of recommendation dated within the last year.
Internal Candidates: Submit a letter of Interest and Resume.
Odyssey Charter School does not discriminate in employment or in educational programs, services or activities based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, military/veteran status, disability, marital status or any other protected category in accordance with state and federal laws.
Please contact Human Resources: Human.Resources@odyssey.k12.de.us