Terms of Employment: Part-Time, Hourly Employee, requiring approximately 29.50 hours per week per week for 10 months
Reports to: Building Level Dean
Salary: Current Odyssey Charter School Teacher Salary Scale
- Must hold or be eligible to obtain a valid State of Delaware Paraeducator Permit as outlined in the State of Delaware 14 DE Admin. Code 1517 Paraeducator Permit.
- Previous Para experience or work in an education facility desired.
- A working knowledge of best practices, OCS’ current charter, State and local expectations and systems, and each student's IEP and 504 accommodations and goals.
- The Paraprofessional is responsible for providing direction, assistance, foresight, and intervention for specific accommodations, needs, and plans for supported students.
- Under the supervision of the teacher and the Director of Special Education, the Paraprofessional will:
- The ability to build strong relationships with students, parents, and key school stakeholders across the school.
- Assess progress toward goals/benchmarks as established by the teacher, special education department, 504 or IEP plan
- Assist teacher in development and execution of instructional goals of each lesson
- Assist with all student body population within the classroom as needed
- Make modifications and accommodations for the special education population through pre-planning with teacher
- Aide all students to excel academically and socially as pertaining to their peers, 504, and IEP expectations.
- Support teacher systems and procedures within the classroom, discuss concerns and progress with parents and staff as called upon, and articulate student needs as they change.
- Communicate accurately and effectively with various levels of staff
- Remain organized with filing and systems within classroom and IEP/504 expectations
- Ability to recognize challenges, stressors, and academic difficulties within students and modify instruction accordingly Compensation:
- Favorable Criminal Background Check and Child Abuse Registry Check for the candidate who is offered employment
- Tuberculin Test
- Mandatory Direct Deposit of paycheck
Odyssey Charter School does not discriminate in employment or in educational programs, services or activities based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, military/veteran status, disability, marital status or any other protected category in accordance with state and federal laws.
Please Contact: email@example.com