SPANISH TEACHERS - WEST FARGO PUBLIC SCHOOLS (two positions)
West Fargo Public Schools is seeking passionate Spanish teachers for the 2020-21 school year. One position located at Sheyenne High School and second position teaching at Sheyenne High School, Horace High School and Heritage Middle School (Heritage and Horace share the same building for the 2020-21 SY)
POSITION: Spanish Teachers - West Fargo Public Schools
TERM: 188 day contract beginning with the 2020-2021 school year
SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the school principal, develop students' knowledge, skills, and abilities in comprehending, speaking, reading, and writing Spanish and develop an understanding and appreciation of the native culture of the countries where Spanish is the primary means of communication, while creating a safe and nurturing classroom environment designed to promote intellectual and social emotional learning.
- Develop and administer foreign language education curriculum consistent with school district goals and objectives.
- Promote a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Develop lesson plans and instructional materials and translate lesson plans into learning experiences to develop pertinent sequential assignments, challenge students, and best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Teach knowledge and skills including comprehension, grammar and syntax, sentence and paragraph structure, composition, vocabulary and proper word usage, colloquialisms, communication and translation of literature.
- Develop student understanding and appreciation of the cultures and mores of countries where Spanish is the predominant or a major means of communication.
- Work with students and others to prepare materials for inclusion in literary publications, contests, etc.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student learning and progress, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs; conduct individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Continue to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Organize and maintain a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourage parental involvement in students' education and ensure effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensure that student conduct conforms with the school's standards and school district policies, and establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Coordinate with other professional staff members, especially within grade level, and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
- ND Teaching License with appropriate qualifications to teach Spanish at the secondary level
- Bachelor's Degree with major or major equivalency in Spanish
- Ability to develop positive relationships with students, parents, staff, and the school community
- Experience with a variety of assessment procedures and tools
- Knowledge of instructional strategies to address all learning styles and strengths
- Ability to manage complex issues and behaviors preferred
- Ability to work well with others, resolve controversy and conflict through respectful negotiation, and accept constructive feedback
- Strong communication skills to facilitate connection and sharing of thoughts and ideas in multiple formats with diverse audiences
- Ability to reason, interpret, and analyze information to generate new knowledge and understanding
SALARY: 2020-2021 Teacher's Salary Schedule
WFPS offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
The WFPS District funds the entire 11.75% employee contribution to TFFR, as well as the 12.75% employer contribution.
DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: https://www.applitrack.com/westfargo/onlineapp/
The West Fargo Public School District is committed to maintaining a learning and working environment free from discrimination and harassment in all employment and educational programs, activities, and facilities. The District prohibits discrimination and harassment based on an individual’s race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, or other status protected by law. External applicants are eligible for ND Veteran’s Preference: North Dakota veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a form DD214, and if claiming disabled veteran's status, a current letter of disability.