English Language Arts Teacher TBD #4403
Position: ELA Teacher
Location: To be determined
Start Date: 2020-2021 School Year
Employment: 10 months/year - includes benefits - full-time
Salary: Commensurate with teacher salary schedule based on experience and degree. Salary can be found on the district website: https://www.christinak12.org/cms/lib/DE50000539/Centricity/Domain/130/FY2020%20Teachers.pdf
Application Procedures: Qualified applicants must complete an online teaching application and attach a letter of interest, resume, copies of PRAXIS scores, transcripts and license/certification and three current letters(within one year of closing date) of recommendation. Previous submissions will not automatically flow to this posting. In order to be considered for this position, you must apply specifically for the Job ID listed for this position.
Online Application Link:http://www.applitrack.com/christina/onlineapp/default.aspx
- Must hold or be eligible for State of Delaware Certification in a content area (e.g. elementary, math, science…)
- Must be able to stand and work continuously for a minimum of 4 hours per work day.
- Minimum lifting requirements- 50 pounds (with assistance).
- Must be able to use arms and hands without restrictions to accommodate the physical, mobility, and ambulatory needs of students.
- Teaches assigned classes using the educational philosophy and policies adopted by the Board of Education.
- Utilizes State and District curriculum guidelines in carrying out teaching assignments.
- Uses available resources, plans and implements a program of study that meets students' needs, interests, and abilities.
- Interprets and uses data from a variety of educational sources for the improvement of instruction.
- Uses appropriate instructional methods contingent upon available materials.
- Identifies students with special learning problems and takes appropriate action.
- Encourages and assists in the development of independent study habits.
- Communicates with students concerning their academic and behavioral progress.
- Acts in ways which are likely to promote students' feelings of self worth.
- Makes reasonable efforts to provide for the care and protection of school property, equipment, and materials.
- Monitors the physical environment taking into account the health, safety, and aesthetic needs of students.
- Encourage students to behave in accordance with classroom and school rules.
- Keeps accurate records and makes reports as necessary.
- Recognizes the importance of parent/guardian and teacher cooperation and confers with parents as appropriate.
- Maintains a professional relationship, working cooperatively with all school personnel.
- Meets responsibilities as per contractual agreement and State law.
- Pursues opportunities for professional growth.
- Must report to work on time every work day, except as afforded by existing law.
- Must perform all duties as assigned during scheduled work day.
- Perform other duties as requested by administration to meet the needs of the students.
Employment is Conditional Upon Receipt of an Acceptable Criminal Background Report, a Negative Pre-Employment Drug Screening and a Child Abuse Registry Check Showing You Are Not on the Registry at any Level
The Christina School District is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other categories protected by federal, state, or local law. Inquiries regarding compliance with the above may be directed to the Title IX/Section 504 Coordinator, Christina School District, 600 North Lombard Street, Wilmington, DE 19801; Telephone: (302) 552-2600.