JobID 1732 : Girls Assistant Varsity/JV Basketball Coach (#2094730)
Job | Posted 13 days ago
|Job Description:||Assistant Coach Varsity Girls Basketball||FLSA Status:||Exempt|
|Location:||Middle School Campus||Reports to:||Athletic Director/Head Coach|
|Position Type:||Licensed Educator||Version:|
|Description of Position: The Assistant Varsity Girls Basketball coach responsibilities include informing the Athletic Director/Head Coach about the plans, programs and conducted games of basketball under his/her supervision. He/she is held accountable for the behavior and performance of the basketball team members who get trained by him/her. Instructs the team about the various ways and means of enhancing their performance. Ensures activities and instruction to players are in concert with district policies. Ensures players show maturity and sportsmanship.|
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Such duties and responsibilities as may be assigned, including but not limited to:
· Follows and maintains knowledge of all District policy (ies) and procedures.
· Assists instruction and demonstrates skill sets and techniques necessary for individual and team achievement in the selected sport.
· Assists in planning and setting up activities, practices and games.
· Respects time allotted to practices determined by the Head Coach.
· Travels with student athletes on the team bus both to and from games.
· Adheres to all financial policies of the District in regard to the collection and disbursement of money, expenses, and receipts.
· Maintains necessary records and completes required paperwork in a specified time and manner.
· Enforces discipline policies and emphasizes sportsmanship and healthy lifestyles.
· Supervises students in the locker rooms at home and away games and ensures appropriate behavior.
· Checks and secures all office, storage room, outside doors, locker rooms and all lights after last player leaves after games and practices.
· Ensures the appropriate rules and regulations regarding the conduct and eligibility of athletic activities and athletes are explained and followed.
· Maintains a safe environment and facilities for student athletes at all times.
· Ensures that medical and safety requirements are followed.
· Completes and maintains appropriates certification and training hours as required, including all MHSAA requirements.
· Attends work regularly and is punctual.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Certified teacher.
· Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
· Computer Skills: General knowledge of computer usage and ability to use e-mail, Internet software and word processing software.
· Certificates, Licenses, Registrations; Certificates as determined by the District and MHSAA. Ability to obtain a valid CPR/First Aid Card, MS Drivers Licenses and coaching certificate through the National Federation of High Schools.
|Last Updated By:||Date/Time:|
- I have read and understand the job description for my position. I am able to perform all the essential functions of this position. I agree t o comply with the Oxford School District policies and all laws , rules, regulations, and standards of conduct relating to my position. As an employee, I understand my duty to report any suspected violations of the law or the laws ore the standards to my immediate supervisor.
Oxford School District is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age disability or veteran status in its programs and activities.
Oxford School District
224 BRAMLETT BOULEVARD, OXFORD, MS 38655
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $9,093 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 2%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.14
% IEP Students
State Average: 14%
State Average: 429