Summer School Teachers - DYS
The Collaborative for Educational Services seeks Summer School Teachers for the Department of Youth Services (DYS) to provide direct instruction for students in DYS residential schools. Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university required, educator licensure preferred. Demonstrated successful teaching with at-risk youth in urban settings highly desirable This is a part-time, seasonal position for 30 summer school days with hours from 7:30am-1:30pm, which includes non-instructional and lunch times.
- Multiple positions, in all content areas, throughout the state.
- Small and personalized classes with a focus on academic and behavioral success.
This is you:
- An energetic and dedicated educator, committed to working with youth who have been placed at risk.
- A teachers who is asset-based and familiar with culturally relevant practices.
- Work alongside other educators dedicated to improving life outcomes for highly vulnerable youth.
- Help equip an especially vulnerable population of young people with the tools they need to see themselves, in a different light; allowing them to realize their own potential and new possibilities.
Candidates will designate the region in which they would like to work when applying. Review of resumes begins immediately and continues until the positions are filled. Internal applications will be reviewed through May 1, 2020. Thereafter, qualified external candidates will be considered.