JobID 1569 : Summer School RN (#2094581)
School Nurse (RN) needed for Summer School.
To provide healthcare to students and staff members to maximize heath and wellness in the school community and act as liaison to parents, staff, central office and government agencies on health issues. All duties are performed in accordance with district/state board of education polices and procedures to meet the health and safety needs of students.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the building administrator of assigned school and Executive Director of Student Services.
Location: Located in the assigned school/health office.
- Provide health support, first aid, illness and emergency care to students and staff
- Maintain communication with supervisors, teachers and other school personnel, physicians, and parent/guardians
- Monitor student absences and tardies daily, complete appropriate forms and contact parents as needed
- Monitor and report excessive absences/tardies to appropriate staff
- Distribute PowerSchool final attendance to teachers for recording in cumulative folders if appropriate
- Participate in Action Plan development for students with severe medical conditions
- Record and communicate students' health restrictions to staff
- Administrator medication/treatment with appropriate documentation
- Makes appropriate assessment and referrals for suspected abuse/neglect as a mandated report
- Create/maintain and update student health records including emergency, immunization, physical, health record, medical conditions, vision, hearing and dental information
- Assist school administration as needed with projects including annual reports, student transition and registration
- Order health supplies
- Participate in Support and Intervention team meetings when invited
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all school and health-related issues
- Perform other health or school related work as defined by supervisor including coverage of office positions as needed
Qualifications & Experience:
- 30 hours of college credit
- Registered Nurse (RN) required
- 1 to 2 years related experience
- First Aid, CPR, AED, vision and hearing certification
- Experience with children a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong technology skills
The dates for 2020 Summer School will be June 11 through July 2, 2020 (16 school days). A mandatory training will be held on Tuesday, June 9, 2020 from 9:00-11:30 AM. WORK HOURS will be 8:00-12:30 every school day.
*This position requires the ability to physically manipulate students as needed including lifting, transferring and assisting ill or injured students. Also requires good vision and hearing ability in order to observe and document possible illness or injury.
Please apply online at www.glenview34.org.