JobID 65847 : Student Data Management Clerk - Clerical Support - School (#2094456)
License and Certification Qualifications: None required.
Education Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent required. Technical school or two years of college preferred.
Experience Qualifications: Two years experience in an office or clerical environment preferred.
Skills Qualifications: Ability to operate in a Windows environment and various integrated applications; ability to reason logically; ability to communicate courteously using grammatically correct English with the general public, students, faculty, and staff; ability to follow oral and written instructions quickly and accurately; ability to maintain strict confidentiality; and ability to act as a representative of Gwinnett County Public Schools.
Primary Responsibilities: Input data into the Student Information System (SIS) and related applications, ensure data quality with the support of local school administration, support the compliance of state reporting requirements, assist with the scheduling processes, and create and execute queries of, and provide data and reports from the SIS to local school staff, central office staff, and schools outside of the district.
1. Process enrollments, withdrawals and online registration in support of student registration.
2. Retrieve information from GUIDE for enrollment of students.
3. Update student data in SIS such as demographic, health, contact information, special programs, services, and other data fields.
4. Enter student course history information from out of district transfers after transcription.
5. Process information requests accurately and quickly as assigned.
6. Facilitate data gathering, data entry, and data accuracy for graduation cohort (high school), withdrawal reasons, CCRPI, and other such national, state, and local reporting.
7. Assist in maintaining accurate discipline and attendance data including running daily attendance report and/or period attendance.
8. Provide assistance as needed for the scheduling process including, but not limited to, entering student schedules and maintaining the master schedule ensuring that course requests, including special populations (EL, Special Ed, Gifted, AP, etc.) are accurately recorded.
9. Assist in maintaining accurate school data (i.e. discipline, attendance, etc.).
10. Maintain familiarity with job-related software applications and attend district training.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time. Employee is also required to talk, hear, stand, and walk. The employee may be required to use hands to touch, handle, feel, and/or reach. Employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.