JobID 691 : 4th Grade Teacher (SES) (2020-21) (#2094407)
Purpose: Creates a positive learning environment to facilitate the personal, social, and intellectual development of students. In order to respond to the individual needs and abilities of students, the Classroom Instructor must work closely with other staff and the administration of USD385.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university
- Current Kansas State Teaching License on file in the District Office.
- Desire to continue career improvement.
Date: March 25, 2020
- Facilitate the personal, social and intellectual development of students.
- Establish a positive learning environment and respond to the individual needs of students.
- Ensure that all activities conform to district guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with all members of the school district and community.
- Work effectively with community organizations.
- React to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned.
- Support the philosophy and mission of USD 385.
- Plan and implement effective lessons, using time, materials and resources effectively.
- Motivate students through effective communication and evaluative feedback.
- Display a thorough knowledge of curriculum and subject matter.
- Demonstrate awareness of the needs of students and provide for individual differences.
- Set high expectations for student achievement and behavior.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal relationships with others.
- Establish and maintain a positive climate for learning through appropriate classroom management.
- Maintain current curriculum and instructional practices.
- Coordinate and supervise field trips.
- Assist with the activities of student organizations.
- Attend and assist when necessary with school events such a musical programs, athletics, student recognition ceremonies, graduation and open hours.
- See that district policies are observed during all activities.
- Obtain advance approval of the principal for all activities and expenditures.
- Adhere to all district health and safety policies including all precautions of the Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
- Other duties as assigned by the principal or other administrative staff, which are consistent with the general requirements and qualifications of the position.
- Requires the ability to sit and/or stand for prolonged periods.
- Occasionally requires the ability to manually move, lift, carry, pull or push heavy objects or materials.
- Occasionally requires the ability to stoop, bend and/or reach.
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors year-round.
- Must be able to work in noisy and crowded environments.
- Requires regular attendance and/or physical presence at the job.