JobID 1221 : High School Mathematics Teacher (#2094335)
MATHEMATICS TEACHER - SHEYENNE HIGH SCHOOL
This full-time teaching assignment may include, but is not limited to, Algebra I, Geometry, or Algebra II.
POSITION: Math Teacher - Sheyenne High School
TERM: 188 day contract beginning with the 2020-2021 School Year
SUMMARY: Provides instruction to students while creating a safe and nurturing classroom environment designed to promote intellectual and social emotional learning.
Essential Duties include:
- Develop and administer mathematics curriculum consistent with school district goals and objectives.
- Promote a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Develop lesson plans and instructional materials for subject area, and translate lesson plans into learning experiences to develop pertinent sequential assignments, challenge students, and best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Teach knowledge and skills in mathematics, including concepts such as real and imaginary numbers, formulas, calculations and geometry, and promotes creative thinking and analysis in all related subject areas.
- Design learning activities to demonstrate the application of mathematics to everyday existence and problem-solving.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student learning and progress, and modify instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Continue to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Organize and maintain a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourage parental involvement in students' education and ensure effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensure that student conduct conforms to the school's standards and school district policies, and establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Coordinate with other professional staff members, especially within grade level, and participates in faculty meetings, committees and Professional Learning Communities.
- Select and requisition appropriate books, instructional aids and other supplies and equipment and maintain inventory records.
- Attend and is an integral part of the team at IEP and 504 meetings
- ND Teaching License qualified to teach mathematics grades 7-12
- Bachelor's Degree with major or major equivalency in mathematics
- Ability to develop positive relationships with students, parents, staff and the school community
- Experience with a variety of assessment procedures and tools
- Knowledge of instructional strategies to address all learning styles and strengths
- Ability to manage complex issues and behaviors preferred
- Experience working at the secondary level preferred
SALARY: 2020-2021 Teacher's Salary Schedule
WFPS offers a competitve salary and benefits package commensurate with experience and education.
The WFPS District funds the entire 11.75% employee contribution to TFFR, as well as the 12.75% employer contribution.
DEADLINE: April 9, 2020 or Until Filled
TO APPLY: https://www.applitrack.com/westfargo/onlineapp/
The West Fargo Public School District is an equal opportunity employer who fully and actively supports equal access for all people regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, marital status or participation in lawful activities in all educational programs and employment practices. We are committed to maintaining a learning and working environment free from discrimination and harassment. External applicants are eligible for ND Veteran’s Preference: North Dakota veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a form DD214, and if claiming disabled veteran's status, a current letter of disability.