JobID 1230 : High School Art Teacher (#2094320)
West Fargo Public Schools is seeking candidates for high school art teachers beginning with the 2020-2021 school year. (2 positions)
POSITION: High School Art Teacher (2 positions) - Sheyenne High School & Sheyenne HighSchool/West Fargo High School
TERM: 188 day contract beginning with the 2020-2021 School Year
Planning and Preparation
- Demonstrate knowledge of content in the discipline and explicitly plan connections of key concepts.
- Demonstrate understanding of the diverse social, emotional and developmental learning needs of all students.
- Utilize district guaranteed and viable curriculum with defined learning outcomes.
- Design assessments that are aligned to the standards and learning targets of the discipline.
- Create an environment that establishes respect and rapport between the teacher and students; as well as amongst the students.
- Establish a classroom culture that values student high expectations, work ethic, and growth mindset.
- Establish procedures and routines that promote efficiency and appropriate use of time.
- Utilize district behavioral plan as the backbone to promote positive student behavior.
- Create a safe and equitable classroom.
- Clearly communicates the instructional purpose of the lesson and makes connections to prior learning and other contents.
- Utilize questions and discussions that promote critical thinking; and provide formative assessment information to guide instruction.
- Utilize frequent opportunities for visible student engagement and self-assessment.
- Apply information gained through formative assessment to varied instructional approaches designed to meet the needs of all students.
- Analyze student data as a method for reflection and continuous improvement.
- Utilize the district protocol for maintaining information about student progress.
- Establish and maintain communication partnerships with parents and the community.
- Active participant in the professional learning community process.
- Active on-going participant in professional development opportunities.
- Display high standards of honesty, integrity, and confidentiality in interactions with colleagues, students, and the public.
- ND Teacher's License in Art Education
- Bachelor's Degree with art major or major equivalency
- Ability to develop positive relationships with students, parents, staff and the school community
- Knowledge of instructional strategies to address all learning styles and strengths
- Ability to manage complex issues and behaviors preferred
- Experience working with high school level students preferred
SALARY: 2020-2021 Teacher's Salary Schedule
WFPS offers a competitve salary and benefits package commensurate with experience and education.
The WFPS District funds the entire 11.75% employee contribution to TFFR, as well as the 12.75% employer contribution.
DEADLINE: April 9, 2020 or Until Filled
TO APPLY: https://www.applitrack.com/westfargo/onlineapp/
The West Fargo Public School District is an equal opportunity employer who fully and actively supports equal access for all people regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, marital status or participation in lawful activities in all educational programs and employment practices. We are committed to maintaining a learning and working environment free from discrimination and harassment. External applicants are eligible for ND Veteran’s Preference: North Dakota veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a form DD214, and if claiming disabled veteran's status, a current letter of disability.