JobID 2595 : Oldham County Schools - Mental Health Consultant (#2094273)
OLDHAM COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
ADMINISTRATIVE REGULATION 1022.09-AR
JOB DESCRIPTION: MENTAL HEALTH CONSULTANT
1. Valid license in a mental health area.
2. Minimum of 5 years’ experience.
3. Experience in areas of training and staff development.
REPORTS TO: Director of Student Services
JOB GOAL: To assist district staff in the development and implementation of a continuum of services for students with behavior, emotional and mental health concerns and to provide direct services to these students and their families.
1. Training, Technical Assistance And Consultation
(1) Crisis intervention
(2) Liaison between alternative sites and home schools
(3) Interventions, referrals, and screening
(4) Alternatives to suspension and expulsion
(5) Placement options
(6) Clinical consultations/evaluation
(7) Attend appropriate staff meetings
(8) Classroom organization and management
(9) Development of behavior plans
(10) Data collection/documentation
(1) Provide direct services to students including counseling and therapy in individual and/or group settings
(2) Provide training to students on identified topics or needs such as appropriate interaction with authority figures.
(3) Assist with transition to and from alternative sites
(4) Crisis intervention
(5) Clinical consultation/evaluation
(1) Provide training and support services to parents in individual or group settings
(2) Assist parents in developing strategies and skills to interface with the school system and outside agencies
(3) Crisis intervention
(4) Clinical consultation
2. Professional Development
A. Attend workshops, trainings, and other relevant meetings to stay abreast of issues, regulations, etc.
B. Plan/Provide Professional Staff Development
A. Shall perform such duties as may be assigned by the Director of Student Services.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Compensation will be determined based on 195 contract days and the board-approved salary schedule for mental health consultants.
Adopted: January 30, 1996
Revised: July 19, 1998
Revised: March 25, 2004
Revised: October 30, 2014
Revised: April 9, 2019