Biotechnology High School Teacher
Bio-Med Science Academy is an innovative, progressive, year-round public STEM high school that prepares students to succeed in the global economy. The Academy opened in Rootstown, Ohio in August 2012 and received formal STEM designation in April 2013. As a member of the Ohio STEM Learning Network (OSLN), the Academy is a recognized STEM school along with other STEM schools across the state and the country. Located on the campus of Northeast Ohio Medical University, the Academy is the only STEM school in the nation housed in an academic health center campus and one of few to be located in a rural area. This unique positioning gives rural Ohio students and their teachers’ direct access to sophisticated research laboratories, scientists, professors, and medical professionals—making for a truly extraordinary learning experience. The Academy strives to attract highly qualified educators with a passion and drive to rethink education to propel students into the global community with strong roots in 21st century skills.
- Provide deep learning experiences for all students
- Seeking and implement content integration opportunities for students
- Provide support appropriate to student’s abilities
- Extensive training in alternative Pedagogy, current technologies and tools to strengthen educational experiences.
- Sets high academic achievement expectations
- Provides opportunities for student engagement through “Voice and Choice”
- Encourages and fosters a culture of mutual respect
- Communicates effectively with stakeholders
- Action oriented while seizing opportunities for the Academy
- Current Ohio Licensure in the Life Sciences OR Biotechnology work experience that could lead to alternative licensure.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree
A successful candidate will work in a team environment to create deep authentic and inquiry based learning experiences while integrating content for all students. We are seeking candidates who will encourage and foster a culture of mutual respect, effective communication, innovative thinking, and a willingness to rethink education.
Commensurate with experience and in accordance with specified salary schedule
The Chief Operating Officer (Building Principal)
Please complete the employment application through the www.escco.org.
Job ID 12987