JobID 2559 : Human Resources Specialist (#2094147)
Job | Posted 12 days ago
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director of Human Resources.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- One (1) Full-time, 12 month (262 day) position.
- Salary Range: $36,301 - $37,937.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Director of Human Resources, this position will provide confidential and diverse support services to ensure the smooth, efficient, and accurate operation of the Human Resources Department.
- Provide support to all team members of the Human Resources Department as necessary, for a productive and efficient operation and to ensure that exemplary customer service is being provided.
- Manage and oversee the Saginaw County Livescan Fingerprinting program inclusive of scheduling, Livescan printing, maintaining database, handling monies, preparing internal billing and State Police billing.
- Serve as Liaison with Michigan State Police, processing and disseminating information as applicable and appropriate. This includes serving as the Local Area Security Officer.
- Ensure the security and confidentiality of the Livescan Fingerprinting program at all times.
- Process substitute employees background checks for third party contractors, which includes the review of fingerprint results, preparation of required authorization for substitute employment and working with local school districts to secure substitutes in a timely manner.
- Act as a resource person for the Director regarding relevant information concerning the Livescan Fingerprinting program, MDE Sub Permits for SISD employees, technical support, etc.
- Serve in a help desk capacity for the SISD WillSub substitute system. Includes troubleshooting for administrators, teachers, secretaries, and supervisors.
- Oversee and manage all materials for substitute staff hired by and through Saginaw ISD inclusive of Millet Learning Center, Transition Center STEP program, Hartley Outdoor Education Center and Transportation Department.
- Provide orientation and training for the District’s substitutes on a regular and on-going basis.
- Display exemplary customer service in performing the telephone functions for the Director.
- Assist with the scheduling and handling of the schedule and calendar for the Director.
- Provide support for the planning and coordination of all activities for a wide range of meetings, conferences, trainings, recognitions etc. for the Human Resources Department.
- Support Personnel records management including Employee file and current HR software (Skyward). Help maintain and manage the filing systems for the Human Resources Department in a highly confidential manner.
- Provide support in the recruitment and hiring process such as but not limited to, preparation of postings, placement of postings, maintenance of application file, scheduling of interviews, preparation of interview folders and all related correspondence and support responsibilities associated with the interview and hiring process.
- May assist with department purchase orders, ordering of supplies and the processing of bills.
- Other duties and special projects as required by the Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred. Will consider equivalent experience and education in a related area.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of executive office experience working in a multi-faceted and diverse organization preferred. Experience working in a human resource department is preferred.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of proficiency in use of business software programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and other database management programs. Must be able to learn and become proficient in the use of the District’s Finance and HR Management computer software program.
- Must demonstrate exemplary customer service skills, including courteousness, tact, and good verbal communication in all facets of the position.
- Must have knowledge of, demonstrate confidentiality practices, and maintain confidentiality of work, word products, etc. at all times.
- Must have highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated proficiency, accuracy, and timeliness in the handling of detailed work assignments.
- Must be highly organized; demonstrate initiative and be a self-starter in the completion of tasks, assignments and projects.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applicants must complete and submit an online Saginaw Intermediate School District application. In addition to the online application, applicants are required to submit electronically a cover letter, resume, at least three (3) letters of recommendation, and copies of transcripts. An application may be obtained online by going to the SISD web site at: www.sisd.cc and clicking on “Employment” section.
Saginaw Intermediate School District
3933 Barnard Road, Saginaw, MI 48603-2514
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $12,292 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 6%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 18.25
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 199