JobID 1138 : Secondary ESOL Coach (#2094117)
TITLE: ESOL Secondary Coach
JOB GOALS: Teacher on Special Assignment is a staff position that assists with professional training, collaborates with ESOL and regular teachers in providing high-quality learning for ELs and supports or directs programs that are designed for ELs and/or parents of ELs.
REPORT TO: Coordinator of Learning Support Services
- T-4 certificate in P-8, 4-8, or content area (9-12) with ESOL endorsement or certification in ESOL with a minimum of three years’ experience teaching language to minority students.
- Ability to work with teachers and school administrators to plan instructional programs for ELs.
- Experience teaching elementary students.
- Possess a deep understanding of federal and state Title III/ESOL requirements and other legal requirements.
- Ability to work on a team, including Support Services (RTI/Special Education) and teams at local schools.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Is present at work everyday and arrives at the assigned time.
- Demonstrates an attitude and demeanor that contributes to an atmosphere of harmony and goodwill in the workplace among peers, staff, administrators, students, parents and all other stakeholders.
- Provides supportive services to ESOL secondary teachers to foster language and academic success of ELs.
- Plans and conducts high quality professional development to teachers (ESOL, Special Education, general education, and other teachers within the school setting), counselors, principals, administrators, and other school or community based organizational personnel.
- Provides consultative assistance to school staff in delivering the most appropriate instruction and pupil services to linguistically and culturally diverse students.
- Provides consultative services to teachers at non-ESOL schools, Open Campus, RCA and Alpha to support EL language and academic progress.
- Promotes collaboration between administrators, ESOL teachers, general education teachers, special education teachers, etc. for culturally and linguistically diverse students.
- Collaborates with counselors in creating appropriate schedules and in identifying opportunities for higher learning for ELs.
- Oversees the implementation of language software program(s).
- Assists schools in developing strategies for including parents and community in students’ language and academic success.
- Assists with the organizing and directing of programs that support language acquisition as Discovery Camp and TEAM.
- Participates in meetings, educational conferences, and staff development opportunities.
- Collects and analyzes data on ELs to ensure second language acquisition and academic success.
- Complies with all requirements for mandatory reporting of child abuse, illegal harassment, or any criminal activity of which the employee becomes aware.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EVALUATION: Performance is evaluated at least annually in accordance with personal policy on certified evaluations.