JobID 8820 : Student Resource Team (SRT) Facilitator (2020-2021 SY) (#2094105)
VACANCY: The Valley View Public School District is seeking an individual to fill a full-time Student Resource Team (SRT) Leader position.
JOB SUMMARY: Performs functions to coordinate and facilitate IEP and other Special Education related programs, services and activities.
- Coordinate special education and early intervention programs within the school; schedule and facilitate IEP Meetings and other related conferences.
- Relate information to parents in a manner that encourages an understanding and partnership in their child’s IEP process.
- Meet regularly and work collaboratively with staff and parents to discuss individual student’s modifications or adaptions, ongoing learning issues, interventions and concerns.
- Actively participate on problem solving and intervention teams to facilitate early involvement and resolution to learning and behavioral problems.
- Facilitate and/or assist in the completion of required documentation such as IEP reports, Behavior Intervention Plans and Section 504 Plans.
- Manage IEP process for students in Out-Of-District placements
- Work with Special Education Teachers, Parapros and Related Service Personnel and parents to coordinate student programs and services.
- Coordinate with the elementary, middle and high schools to facilitate annual review and transition meetings.
- Ensure compliance with Special Education Rules and Regulations and parental/Student rights.
- Actively participate on and/or lead school crisis intervention teams.
- Establish a safe atmosphere conductive to a positive learning environment.
- Act as role model on appropriate behaviors ensuring social and emotional development is progressing normally.
- Enforce and support District and School policies, philosophies and objectives with students and parents.
- Participate in staff development and school improvement activities in order to maintain professional growth. Plan and implement best practices and strategies.
- Participate in events outside of the regularly scheduled work day.
- Current Illinois (PEL) Professional Educator License with a LBS1
- Type 75 preferred or in the process
- Knowledge of current, research-based teaching techniques and instructional methodologies for children with disabilities
- Familiarity with IDEA and ISBE Special Education Rules and Regulations and Procedural Safeguards
- Experience developing and implementing Individual Education Plans (IEP's)
- Familiarity with the use of technology and related IEP databases
- Ability to facilitate problem solving teams and IEP meetings
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applicants should apply on line at www.vvsd.org and upload a letter of application with a resume and three (3) current letters of recommendation, dated within the last twelve (12) months.
SELECTION PROCEDURE: Interviews with selected applicants will be held as soon as practicable after the deadline date.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER