Maintenance - HVAC
Job | Posted 2 months ago
SUMMARY: Performs specialized HVAC troubleshooting, repairs, and maintenance; routine electrical, plumbing, and/or other skilled maintenance and repair tasks; and general building maintenance and repairs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs specialized and general HVAC troubleshooting, repairs, and maintenance tasks.
- Also may perform routine electrical, plumbing, and general repairs and maintenance work.
- May assist with installation, maintenance and repair of electrical devices or equipment.
- May assist with installation of new plumbing systems such as water lines, faucets, sinks, drinking fountains, drain lines, etc.;
- May assist with plumbing repairs and maintenance such as unclogging sewer lines, sinks and toilets, and repairing leaks in fixtures, supplies, or drain lines.
- Conducts regular inspections of HVAC systems to ensure equipment is operating properly.
- Assists with snow removal and ice control.
- May perform other outdoor tasks such as grounds maintenance, playground renovations, and /or repairs or demolition of damaged or obsolete items and small structures.
- May be asked to work outside normal work hours in on-call or emergency situations.
- Must be able to perform manual labor for extended periods.
- Must be able to follow instructions, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be willing and able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and provide guidance to others assisting with a project.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Specialized tools and equipment of the HVAC trade as well as common hand and power tools required in other maintenance work.
- Safe operation and preventive maintenance of vehicles and other powered equipment required to do the work; skill in the use of equipment specifically assigned.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or GED.
- Three years experience in construction or maintenance including at least one year in HVAC.
- Possession of an appropriate driver’s license valid in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Apprentice license and/or certification as HVAC technician or approved related field.
- Maintenance Specialist II: HVAC Technician must hold at least one certification in any applicable trade.
- Maintenance Specialist III: HVAC Technician must hold three or more certifications in any applicable trade.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis and occasionally up to 80 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use their hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; reach, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp; and perform repetitive motion.
- Occasional exposure to fumes, airborne particles, caustic chemicals, and noise.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts, with equipment that could cause electrical shock.
- Vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken word.
- Hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; visual acuity is required for depth perception, color perception, visual inspection involving small parts and/or defects, and use of measuring devices.
- Work is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, noise, vibration and hazards.
Orange County Public Schools
200 Dailey Drive, Orange, VA 22960
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $11,724 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 9%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 14.22
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 801