Maintenance - HVAC
Job | Posted 2 months ago
SUMMARY: Performs specialized HVAC troubleshooting, repairs, and maintenance; routine electrical, plumbing, and/or other skilled maintenance and repair tasks; and general building maintenance and repairs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs specialized and general HVAC troubleshooting, repairs, and maintenance tasks.
- Also may perform routine electrical, plumbing, and general repairs and maintenance work.
- May assist with installation, maintenance and repair of electrical devices or equipment.
- May assist with installation of new plumbing systems such as water lines, faucets, sinks, drinking fountains, drain lines, etc.;
- May assist with plumbing repairs and maintenance such as unclogging sewer lines, sinks and toilets, and repairing leaks in fixtures, supplies, or drain lines.
- Conducts regular inspections of HVAC systems to ensure equipment is operating properly.
- Assists with snow removal and ice control.
- May perform other outdoor tasks such as grounds maintenance, playground renovations, and /or repairs or demolition of damaged or obsolete items and small structures.
- May be asked to work outside normal work hours in on-call or emergency situations.
- Must be able to perform manual labor for extended periods.
- Must be able to follow instructions, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be willing and able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and provide guidance to others assisting with a project.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Specialized tools and equipment of the HVAC trade as well as common hand and power tools required in other maintenance work.
- Safe operation and preventive maintenance of vehicles and other powered equipment required to do the work; skill in the use of equipment specifically assigned.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or GED.
- Three years experience in construction or maintenance including at least one year in HVAC.
- Possession of an appropriate driver’s license valid in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Apprentice license and/or certification as HVAC technician or approved related field.
- Maintenance Specialist II: HVAC Technician must hold at least one certification in any applicable trade.
- Maintenance Specialist III: HVAC Technician must hold three or more certifications in any applicable trade.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis and occasionally up to 80 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use their hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; reach, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp; and perform repetitive motion.
- Occasional exposure to fumes, airborne particles, caustic chemicals, and noise.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts, with equipment that could cause electrical shock.
- Vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken word.
- Hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; visual acuity is required for depth perception, color perception, visual inspection involving small parts and/or defects, and use of measuring devices.
- Work is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, noise, vibration and hazards.