JobID 5416 : CTE Coordinator (#2090797)
Contract Days: 185 Days
Anticipated Start Date: August 18, 2020
FLSA Status: Exempt
This position is benefits eligible
Starting Salary: Certified Schedule
Priority Screen Date: Close of business on March 27, 2020.
This position may work extra days beyond the contract days.
The primary responsibility of the Career and Technical Education (CTE) Coordinator is to support the District CTE Director in carrying out the District, State and Federal rules, laws and policies. This includes bringing together strong academics, demanding CTE initiatives, and real-world experience to help students gain an advantage in high school, postsecondary education, and careers. CTE Coordinators support a systematic effort to prepare all students for a full range of postsecondary options that lead to high demand and high wage vocations—including two- or four-year colleges, certification programs, apprenticeships, military service, or formal job training.
- Coordinate CTE programs, career pathways, work based learning, and advisory boards in the Salt Lake City School District high school network including the Career and Technical Center
- Supervise CTE support staff at the assigned school location
- Recruit, register and monitor students for the district CTE programs
- Develop the CTC course catalog
- Assist in the development, implementation and communication of State and District CTE goals
- Assist CTE department with bus transportation for events and to the CTC
- Support CTE teachers with the instructional framework, including priorities for classroom instruction
- Ensure alignment of CTE programs across the District and feeder schools
- Provide assistance to school administrators with continuous development and implementation of CTE programs including CTE certification and teacher endorsements, interviewing applicants and master schedules
- Attend CTE State Directors as needed
- Work on data quality error reports as well as other program reports and enrollment monitoring
- Provide resources to guidance counselors and coordinate career development with College and Career Readiness planning
- Coordinate CTE Skill Certification Testing in the high school network
- Support the Work Based Learning Advisor efforts in the schools
- Coordinate and support CTE student organizations (CTSO)
- Support Wasatch Front South CTE Consortium programs
- Submit timely accountability reports, assist with managing mid-level budgets and allocating resources
- Serve as the high school concurrent enrollment coordinator in verification and monitoring student and teacher access to post-secondary institutions
- Serve as program manager for CTE content area as assigned
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance for fulfilling job requirements efficiently and effectively. Will be required to attend and supervise activities, events, and meetings outside of normal work hours on a regular basis
- Perform other related duties as assigned to ensure the efficient and effective operations of CTE
- Current Utah Educator License or an out of state license that is transferrable to Utah.
- CTE endorsement(s)
- Professional communication skills including, but not limited to: excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; confident, articulate and professional speaking abilities; and emphatic listening and persuasive speaking skills.
- Basic computer application skills
- Master’s Degree
- School Counseling license
- Willing to work actively to accomplish district CTE goals and directives and meeting deadlines
- Ability to work with the District/School CTE team and School Administrators as well as other outside entities (i.e. Salt Lake Community College, Wasatch Front CTE Directors, and other community efforts)
- Risks found in the typical work environment which is adequately lighted, heated and ventilated, e.g., safe use of office equipment, avoiding trips and falls, observing fire regulations.
- Driving to work locations
- Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to perform the work: however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying light items, etc…