JobID 5671 : Littleton High School Special Education Resource Teacher (#2086213)
Littleton High School is seeking a Special Education teacher with a strong academic background in literacy, math and other core subjects.
Experience working with students with disabilities preferred.
Effective communication and collaboration skills.
Strong classroom management skills.
Knowledge in assessment and IEP development.
Salary is determined by placement on Licensed Salary Schedule according to education and experience.
Instruct students in coordination with a standards based curriculum and within the framework of district and state content standards. Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work cooperatively with students, parents, and staff required. Working knowledge of subject matter assigned, classroom management, best practices and strategies, students' learning styles and needs. Duties may also include co-teaching, providing interventions for students, working cooperatively with counseling and administration to support teachers and students.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Hold or be eligible to hold a Colorado Teaching License.
- Hold appropriate endorsement(s).
- Successful completion of student teaching assignment.
- Previous teaching experience in subject area and/or level desirable.
- Human relations skills
- Knowledgeable about classroom practice in order to successfully facilitate the learning environment, manage time, communications, and record keeping
- Ability to remain current in curricular area and in instructional practices
- Knowledgeable about student electronic database and grading software
- Knowledgeable about using technology to support instruction and enhance student learning