JobID 63662 : Special Ed Teacher Associate (#2082089)
TITLE: Teacher Aide
1. High school diploma.
2. Demonstrated aptitude for the work to be performed.
3. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Teacher
JOB GOAL: To provide a well-organized, smoothly functioning class environment in which students can take full advantage of the instructional program and available resource materials.
1. Under the supervision of licensed teacher, prepare for classroom activities.
2. Work with individual students or groups of students to reinforce learning of material or skills initially introduced by the teacher.
3. Assist individual students in need of special attention.
4. Guide independent study, enrichment work, and remedial work set up by the teacher.
5. Operate and care for equipment used in the classroom.
6. Read to students, listen to students read, and participate in other forms of oral communication with students.
7. Check notebooks, correct papers, and supervise testing and make-up work.
8. Assist students in the library.
9. Perform clerical work.
10. Assist teacher with non-instructional classroom duties, such as snacks, toilet and clothing routines.
11. Alert teacher to any problems or special information about individual students.
12. Maintain the same high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students as is expected of fully licensed teachers.13. This list of responsibilities is not intended to be all inclusive and may need to be modified with additional duties and responsibilities being assigned from time to time.