Job | Posted 6 days ago
- Serve as the School Health Services Program Manager/Coordinator through review and implementation of school health/services policies and procedures. Implement communicable disease control. Develop and coordinate quality improvement activities for the school health services component of the school health program. Direct, monitor and evaluate aides/assistants/volunteers assigned to the school health program when applicable.
- Provide Case Management, training and support for students with special health care needs and those needing health assistance.
- Collaborate with community agencies to provide resources for students and their families by serving on committees, task forces, etc. Function as a liaison between the school and local health service agencies/providers.
- Provide in-service training on health issues for school personnel. Develop workshops for teachers, assistants, and other staff on health related topics.
The school nurse is responsible for planning, implementing, coordinating, and evaluating school health services that: (1) maximize the quantity of in class time by reducing the incidence of health related absenteeism, (2) eliminate or minimize health problems which impair learning, and (3) achieve the highest degree of independent functioning possible. More specifically, the school nurse: (1) identifies the health care needs of specific student populations and the availability of health services/resources, (2) plans and implements services to meet those health care needs, (3) assesses and evaluates the effectiveness of the services and health care plans, and (4) collaborates with a wide variety of school system and professional disciplines to enhance the educational process and the promotion of an optimal level of wellness for students, families, and staff. The school nurse functions independently under state and agency guidelines and policies without onsite supervision. Work is self-directed and clinically autonomous. Limited supervision may be exercised over volunteers and/or unlicensed personnel.
- Must have or be eligible for Colorado Department of Education Special Service Provider License
- BSN or Registered Nurse with a Bachelors Degree in a related subject
- Current RN license in Colorado or in compact agreement state
- CPR/AED card
- Minimum of three years experience
Mesa County Valley School District 51
2115 GRAND AVENUE, GRAND JUNCTION, CO 81501-8063
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,278 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 12%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 17.36
% IEP Students
State Average: 11%
State Average: 415