JobID 9011 : Band (2020-2021 SY) (#2061374)
POSITION PURPOSE: To create and maintain a positive, stimulating environment for students to promote a culture of learning. Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to students. Prepare, administer and evaluate tests and classroom assignments following curriculum guidelines. Guide and counsel students with adjustment and/or academic difficulties, or special academic interests.
Teaches courses in music appreciation, harmony, explorations in music, and in instrumental music and/or choral music.
Plans a balanced music program, and organizes daily class time so that preparation, rehearsal and instruction can be accomplished within the allotted time.
Provides individual and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of the pupil. Encourages pupils to develop individual musical skills to the greatest extend possible.
Utilizes repertoire of all types of music literature, including traditional and contemporary, that are appropriate for the ages of skill levels of pupils.
Maintains surveillance over school-owned music, robes, uniforms, musical instruments and equipment in order to prevent loss or abuse. Makes minor adjustments and requests repairs to instruments as required.
Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive environment during individual practice, group rehearsals, and musical performances.
Plans, rehearses, and directs pupils in musical programs for school and community.
Maintains professional competence through in-service education workshops provided by the district, and/or in self-selected professional growth activities related to music.
- Must have a valid South Carolina teaching or be able to obtain one within 60 days from being hired.
- Must be Highly Qualified in the content area or be able to become Highly Qualified within 60 days from being hired.
- Must have completed a program of study in education from an accredited college or university.
Unless reasonable accommodations can be made, while performing this job the staff member shall:
Use strength to lift items needed to perform the functions of the job.
Sit, stand and walk for required periods of time.
Speak and hear.
Use close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception along with the ability to focus vision.
Communicate effectively in English, using proper grammar and vocabulary. American Sign Language or Braille may also be considered as acceptable forms of communication.
Reach with hands and arms and use hands and fingers to handle objects and operate tools, technology equipment, computers, and/or controls.
- Work effectively with and respond to diverse cultures or backgrounds.
- Demonstrate professionalism and appropriate judgment in behavior, speech, and dress in a neat, clean and professional manner for the assignment and work setting.
- Have regular and punctual attendance.
- Follow all District policies, work procedures, and reasonable requests by the proper authorities.
REPORTS TO: Principal
DAYS PER YEAR: 190
SALARY CLASSIFICATION: Paid on the Certified Personnel Salary Schedule
EMPLOYEE GROUP: Certified
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Must apply online by completing an "Certified" application and adding this specific job to your online application.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
EMPLOYEE'S ACKNOWLEDGEMENT STATEMENT:
1. I have reviewed the above position description and understand its contents.
2. I am aware that my position description may be revised or updated at any time and once notified of changes, I remain responsible for knowledge of its contents.
3. I hereby certify that I possess the physical and mental ability to fulfill the essential functions of the above position with or without reasonable accommodation(s). If I require accommodation(s) in order to fulfill any or all of these functions, I agree to provide information to the District regarding the requested accommodation(s).
Employee's Name (Print): ___________________________________
Employee's Signature: ___________________________________