JobID 283 : Wrestling Coach (#2061261)
Job | Posted 13 days ago
POSITION SUMMARY: Madison County Public Schools is seeking a Head Wrestling Coach. This position is responsible for coaching and providing direction to student athletes so that they might achieve a high level of skill as well as an appreciation for discipline, sportsmanship and teamwork in football.
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma.
- Prior experience coaching student athletes strongly preferred.
- Must have knowledge of VHSL rules and regulations
- Supervision skills for all players
- Must have personal skills that reflect positive relations with high school student-athletes, parents and the community.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a broad population of students, and colleagues.
- Must be CPR, AED and First Aid certified.
- Must be certified in Concussion training.
- Follows all district policies, rules and regulations .
- Instructs and teaches skill sets and techniques necessary for individual and team achievement in football.
- Organizes a system for encouraging students to try out for his/her team.
- Develops appropriate training programs and practice schedules.
- Travels with student athletes on school assigned bus to all away games.
- Cover sporting events as scheduled with the Athletic Director.
- Maintains a safe environment for student athletes.
- Assists in maintaining high academic standards for all student athletes.
- Works cooperatively with other head athletic coaches in order to operate a well-balanced athletic program.
- Ensures that all student athletes practicing or playing have undergone and passed all medical examinations before the regular practice season begins.
- Assists the Athletic Director and Principal in hiring assistant coaches.
- Advises the Athletic Director of the condition of all equipment and of athletic facilities and needs for maintenance.
- Supervises and evaluates all assistant coaches.
- Works closely with the Athletic Director
- Other duties as assigned
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Open Until Filled START DATE: August 2020
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Online application: www2.madisonschools.k12.va.us
Additional information is available by contacting Betty-Jo Wynham, Principal Madison County High School, at 540-948-3785 or email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Madison County Public Schools
60 School Board Court, Madison, VA 22727
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $11,724 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 9%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 14.22
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 801