JobID 2132 : Teacher, Language Arts and Reading (2020 - 2021 school year) (#2059703)
NORTHEAST METRO 916 INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL DISTRICT
Date Posted: March 4, 2020
Position Title: Teacher, Language Arts and Reading
Assignment: Metro Heights Academy
Hours: Monday - Friday, varies between 7:00 am and 5:45 pm
Expected Starting Date: August 2020
Metro Heights Academy is an Area Learning Center (ALC) designed to help students achieve their educational and career goals in a non-traditional learning environment. We offer a comprehensive and rigorous high school curriculum delivered within a personalized, flexible and nurturing environment. Students receive assistance in meeting graduation requirements and have opportunities to gain vocational skills and work experience.
Responsible for providing an educational environment where students have the opportunity to fulfill their potential for growth. Responsible for organizing and implementing an instructional program that will result in students achieving academic success in accordance with district policies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Implements and delivers instructional activities to actively engage students in meaningful learning experiences. Instructs and monitors students in the use of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities. Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments.
- Plans and prepares lessons for appropriate subject and grade/age level and ensures that student growth and achievement is continuous. Evaluates, selects, and modifies instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs.
- Provides a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities. Uses available resources and school continuum to effectively plan, present, monitor and assess student learning.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents, and other professionals on a regular basis. Shares academic, behavioral, emotional information with parents and staff. Establishes and maintains positive relationships with students, parents and staff.
- Manages classroom resources and may also direct the work and manage day-to-day activities of Education Assistants.
- Manages student behavior utilizing proactive, positive interventions and implements appropriate behavioral management plans and crisis intervention strategies.
- Assesses changing curricular needs, offers plans for improvement, and develops new curriculum within District guidelines. Keeps up to date with developments in subject area, teaching resources and methods and make relevant changes to instructional plans and activities.
- Participates in department and school meetings, parent meetings.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Requires a minimum of a bachelor's degree and licensed or able to obtain license by the Minnesota Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board in Communication Arts & Literature (5-12) and Reading (K-12).
Commitment to Equity:
At Northeast Metro 916, equity means that everyone has access to what they need in order to learn, grow and thrive. To learn more, click here.
Northeast Metro 916 will not discriminate against individuals based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, parental status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age or sexual orientation.