Heavy Equipment Technician Instructor 2020-2021
Job | Posted 2 days ago
Job Title: Heavy Equipment Technician Instructor Status: Exempt
Reports to: Director of CTE Date Revised: 2/24/2020
School: Cleburne High School - CTE
To provide students with rigorous learning activities and experiences in various courses within the Transportation, Distribution, and Logistics Career and Technical Education Career Cluster. In addition, help students fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Ultimately, help fully develop competencies and skills in order for students’ seamless transition into a high skill, high wage heavy equipment career.
- Applicant should possess paid industry experience in the Diesel / Heavy Equipment Industry (2+ years) and/or
- Possess the educational level necessary to meet the requirements for certification in one of the following areas:Trade and Industrial Education:
Grades 8-12 - This assignment requires appropriate work approval.
Vocational Trades and Industry - This assignment requires appropriate work approval.
- Demonstrated competency in the career and technical education subject area assigned.
- Have the ability to train future heavy equipment technicians to troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, and service equipment such as graders, loaders, shovels, tractors, trucks, forklifts, drills, and wheeled and tracked vehicles using manufacturers' specifications to identify and repair problems in structural, mechanical, electrical, or hydraulic systems.
- OSHA compliance and certification.
- General knowledge of curriculum and instruction.
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior.
- Ability to oversee student field experiences in career area assigned.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to involve students in a Career and Technical Education Student Organization.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required. Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in individual student needs.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, equipment, and technology that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned, and present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instruction activities.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Work with members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
Student Growth and Development:
- Conduct ongoing assessments of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular/ co-curricular CTSO activities.
- Be a positive role model for students and support the mission of the school district.
Classroom Management and Organization:
- Create classroom/lab environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with student code of conduct and student handbook.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist in selecting books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
- Establish and maintain a professional relationship and open communication with parents, students, colleagues, and community members.
Professional Growth and Development
- Participate in staff development activities to improve job related skills.
- Comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Comply with federal, state, and local regulations related to the occupation area assigned.
- Follow distinct safety protocols and emergency procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Mental Demands/Physical demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Personal computer and peripherals; instructional equipment; equipment required to demonstrate and perform tasks related to assigned CTE subject area
Posture: Prolonged standing; frequent kneeling/squatting, bending/ stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Frequent walking
Lifting: Regular lifting and carrying; may lift and move text books and other tools and equipment in the classroom
Environment: Work inside, may work inside and outside; regular exposure to noise; around machinery with moving parts
Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress; work prolonged or irregular hours
Cleburne Independent School District
505 N RIDGEWAY STE 100, CLEBURNE, TX 76033-5118
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,068 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 17%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.26
% IEP Students
State Average: 9%
State Average: 558