JobID 13411 : Secretary for Preschool Screening (#2056717)
WORK DAY/YEAR: 6 hours per day; Monday - Friday; 220 days/year: 7:30 a.m.- 1:30 p.m.
MINIMUM SALARY: $17.03 per hour
BENEFITS: Benefits available.
Contact the Insurance office @ 507-328-4226 for detailed insurance information. Make sure to reference the exact job posting.
If you have questions regarding a job posting, contact the Office of Human Resources @ 507-328-4270 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Summary: Manages all phases of attendance.
- Contact Registrations and Records for list of eligible early childhood children
- Schedule appointments with parents for early childhood screenings
- Complete follow–up communications for scheduled appointments
- Schedule interpreters with ESOL department as needed
- Maintain monthly staffing and yearly screening schedule, order supplies
- Maintain required records for local and state reporting
- Handle office tasks such as greeting the public, telephone coverage, mail, directing visitors and clients, etc.
- Perform other duties within the level of responsibility of position as assigned by the supervisor.
- Work within student information system to input and retrieve data.
- Computer skills, experience and proficiency with the following programs: Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong organization and clerical skills to handle a variety of office procedures.
- Welcoming human relations skills to communicate and deal effectively with the public and staff.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize, organize, manage multiple tasks, work under pressure, problem-solve, work independently, and handle frequent interruptions.
- Ability to proof and edit written communication.
- Training/experience in office-related duties (i.e. administrative assistant, office management, communicating with the public, data privacy, etc.)
- A lifelong learner; believes in continuous improvement.
- Ability to speak one of the following languages a plus; Arabic, Somali, Spanish.
Common and Shared Accountabilities for All Positions
Employees of the Rochester Public School District #535 are expected to support the goals, model and promote an environment that is respectful for all, and work collaboratively with other staff to focus on the needs of the learner. A quality, customer focus that conveys a welcome attitude, an adaptability to change, and a desire for continuous improvement is also expected of all employees. In addition, staff are to respect confidential matters, encourage a safe and secure environment throughout the schools, and be dependable and accountable employees.
Please visit www.rochesterschools.org to learn more about Rochester Public Schools.