JobID 196 : Lunchroom Monitor (#2055650)
JOB TITLE: Lunchroom Monitor
DEPARTMENT: Owasso Elementary Schools
REPORTS TO: Principal
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
CONTRACT STATUS: 175 days
SALARY SCHEDULE: Lunchroom Monitor
APPROVED BY: Human Resources
APPROVED DATE: 4/23/19
SUMMARY: Provides assistance and supervision for children during lunch and/or assigned recess to ensure a positive and safe environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: These statements are intended to describe the responsibilities assigned to this position and are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
- Supervises students at lunchtime and/or playtime and maintains a safe and harmonious atmosphere by encouraging peaceful resolution of conflicts.
- Circulates throughout the cafeteria during mealtime and helps students by opening packages and milk cartons.
- Cleans up spills and provides additional assistance as needed.
- Assists students through the cafeteria line in an orderly fashion.
- Ensures students are orderly and acting appropriately.
- Assists staff in lunch room clean-up.
- Interacts with students to maintain order and provide assistance when needed.
- Reports disciplinary and other concerns to the building administrator and/or classroom teacher.
- Provides assistance for students requiring additional educational guidance.
- Responds to emergency situation (injured students, fights, etc.) for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Reports safety, sanitary and fire hazards immediately to supervisor. 1
- Professionally represents the school and the District in interactions with parents, community, staff and students.
- Assists with special projects.
- All other duties as assigned by the administrator.
QUALIFICATION: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Equivalent to a High School Diploma.
- Generally will have at least one year's experience in closely related field.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES: Ability to follow all district policies and procedures. Ability to work independently, displaying initiative and enthusiasm for the tasks being done. Demonstrating strong communication skills, orally and in writing, with faculty, staff, team members, and administrators. Ability to work without supervision, and work as a team player. Ability to manage confidential information in a manner that respects students, families, and employees. Ability to listen effectively.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret general written instructions in English language. Ability to effectively communicate with supervisor, school personnel, and co-workers.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to perform basic math functions such as addition and subtraction.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written and oral instructions. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk for long periods of time.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Typical lunchroom environment. The noise level in the work environment could be moderately to loud in intervals throughout the shift.