JobID 185 : Substitute Teacher K-12 (#2046863)
Substitute Teachers needed for grades K - 12.
- Adhere to the daily routine, classroom procedures, and schedule provided by the teacher.
- Assume the responsibilities for instructing the classes when a teacher is absent.
- Assume all other responsibilities for that teacher during the time the teacher is absent.
- Maintain appropriate records as required for student records including attendance, assignments, and projects.
- Implement lesson plans left by classroom teacher.
- Maintain a safe and productive learning environment.
- Communicate and enforce high expectations and standards for behavior and academic performance to maintain a strong culture of achievement
- Establish and reinforce age-appropriate rules and logical consequences
- Communicate outcome of the day to classroom teacher through note or communication
- Fulfill all outlined and related functions professionally, timely and thoroughly
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience working with youth
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required
- Teaching certificate preferred but not required
Must complete fingerprint background testing as required by Oklahoma State Department of Education.
Owasso Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer.