Assistant Principal - Middle School
Job | Posted 3 months ago
|Location:||To be determined|
|Supervisor:||Executive Director of School Leadership|
|Employment Period:||11.5 months|
|Start Date:||2020/2021 school year|
|Salary (G-318):||Commensurate with experience|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under general supervision of the Principal, provides leadership and administration which will motivate instructional and support personnel to strive for superior performance in order to provide the best possible opportunities for student growth and development, both educationally and personally.
The candidate must possess the qualities of an exceptional educational leader who can demonstrate the following:
- Commitment to the success of all students
- Ability to develop, articulate and implement a vision of learning that is shared and supported by the school community
- Computer competency and familiarity with emerging technologies and their instructional management applications
- Ability to build professional learning communities to nurture and sustain a school culture and instructional program conducive to accelerated student achievement
- Ensure efficient management of school operations and resources for a safe and effective learning environment
- Collaborative approach to leadership with the ability to create a positive environment for students and staff
- Create a building culture based on integrity, responsibility, innovation, excellence and professionalism
- Collaboration with families and community members and the ability to respond to diverse community interests by mobilizing community resources
- Foster teacher professional development and capability to coach and motivate employees
- Ability to develop, assess and support effective teaching
- Comprehensive knowledge of the most recent developments in curriculum, instruction and the use of data to inform decision making
- Effective communication skills and strategies
- Innovative thinking that can help achieve the vision and mission of Hampton City Schools
- Candidates must possess or be eligible for a Virginia Postgraduate Professional License with an Administrative and Supervision K-12 endorsement.
- A minimum of three years of teaching experience; secondary level preferred.
You may apply anytime before midnight on the closing date. The following information is required to be considered for the position:
|External Candidates||Internal Candidates|
|Feedback on reference forms from all persons listed as references (minimum of three)||Feedback on reference forms from all persons listed as references (minimum of three)|
|Most recent performance evaluation|
Only complete applications will be considered.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a FBI fingerprint check and a Child Protective Services background check.
Hampton City Schools does not discriminate in employment against any person on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, age, disability or other protected class. Personnel decisions are based on merit and the ability to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Executive Director of Human Resources, One Franklin Street, Hampton, VA 23669; (757) 727-2000. Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request.
Hampton City Schools
1 Franklin Street, Hampton, VA 23669-3570
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $11,724 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 9%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 14.22
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 801