JobID 3845 : Behavior Intervention Specialist (BIS) - Fall 2020 (#2043227)
Intermediate District 287 is looking for qualified Behavior Intervention Specialists like you for District Wide openings for FALL 2020!
Intermediate District 287 is a West Metro school district for unique learners. Our healing community works together to achieve racial equity. We value diverse perspectives and life experiences and our strategic vision includes hiring and retaining racially diverse and racially conscious staff across all levels of our organization.
Applicant Review & Interview Details:
- 2/21/20 - Candidates who hold a valid teaching license will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- 4/20/20 - Candidates who do not hold a valid teaching license, who are eligible for a Tier 1 or 2 MN teaching license, will be reviewed on a rolling basis as of this date.
- First round interviews are conducted via online form. If selected, the online form will be emailed to the candidate. The online form must be completed in order to be considered for an in-person interview.
- Competitive salary: $42,290 - $86,528
- This position is eligible for a $3000 signing bonus!!!
- Generous Benefits
- This position may be available at any one of the following sites:
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Interested in candidates who are: diverse, bilingual, or have experience working with diverse populations.
- Requires a valid special education teaching license, school social worker license, or school psychologist license issued by the Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board (PELSB) or someone who is Board Certified Behavior Analyst Certification (Nationally certified) or in the process of obtaining the certification.
- If not currently licensed, must be willing and eligible to apply for and receive a Tier 1 or 2 Teaching License in either ASD or EBD.
Commitment to Equity: Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.
Learn More About 287!
Who are We: Intermediate Districts- Challenge & Solution (Click to watch!)
District Web Site: http://www.district287.org/