JobID 5773 : 19 - Accountant (2 Positions) (#2041023)
This posting will remain posted until filled and we will begin reviewing applications on March 16, 2020.
Job Title: Accountant
Work Year: 220 Days
Reports To: Accounting Supervisor
Salary Range: Middle Manager Salary Schedule
Benefits: Fringe Benefits based on Schedule C / Exempt Employee
Status: FLSA Status: Exempt
The job of the Accountant is to perform accurate, difficult, and complex professional budgetary and accounting duties in the maintenance of District budgets and financial records to ensure proper allocation of funding sources and the financial iability of the District. The Accountant is responsible to stay current with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Colorado Statutes, Colorado Department of Education financial policies and procedures and proposed legislative issues (federal and state). The Accountant is expected to use accounting and budget analytical skills to make decisions in resolving problems and to work professionally with all levels of District personnel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field, two years of experience in financial accounting, or equivalent combination of education and experience in financial accounting
- Employee must complete a fingerprint-based criminal background check and must be cleared by the Office of Human Resources
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary
- Certified Public Accountant Certification
- Experience in interpreting federal rules, regulations, Colorado statutes
- Experience in grant accounting
- Experience analyzing and preparing financial statements
- Experience in governmental accounting and the accepted accounting principles promulgated by the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB)
- Experience in school district business operations
- Experience developing queries/reports
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to follow complex oral and written instructions
- Ability to be detail oriented with excellent proofing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to plan, prioritize, organize and execute work effectively, using independent judgment to provide overall direction for reaching organizational goals
- Ability to make independent decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Ability to maintain complex financial records, gather and compile data and prepare financial reports accurately
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, students, parents, and other community members
- Ability to work tactfully and courteously with students, staff and the general public
- Ability to be patient with a strong customer orientation toward students, staff, parents, and other community members
- Possess an excellent work attitude and the ability and willingness to take ownership and responsibility for project completion
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following statements of duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level or work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of all personnel within this position. This organization believes that every individual makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited to assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to define primary duties, qualifications and job scope but should not limit the incumbent nor the organization to the work identified. It is our expectation that every employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the District’s/department’s goals. Actual duties, responsibilities, frequency, and percentages may vary depending upon building assignments and other factors.
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial statements for specific funds and research variances of budget vs. actual
- Assist with accounting technicians in resolving accounts payable and accounts receivable issues
- Bank Reconciliation as assigned
- Financial Transparency completion and monitoring
- Prepare journal entries as needed
- Responsible for Sales Tax Reporting including education of appropriate staff
- Assist Accounting Supervisor as needed
- Assist in preparation of technical procedure documents when needed
- Ensure all appropriate financial internal controls are in place and followed by staff
- Assist with the implementations of new software modules in the accounting system and training employees
- Responsible for knowing all aspects of the accounting process
- Assist in preparing fund balance projections for the proposed and amended budget
- Completion/development of the work papers required for the annual audit
- Provide training to department and school personnel when needed
- Stay current with school finance legislation, Colorado Department of Education rules and regulations
- Serve on various ad hoc committees as needed
- Perform any and all other responsibilities as assigned by the Accounting Supervisor or Chief Financial Officer
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel. The work requires the use of telephone and using fingers to operate computer keyboards. The employee is continually hearing and speaking to exchange information. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
In an 8-hour workday, this job requires:
R – Rarely (Less than .5 hr per day) O – Occasionally (.5 – 2.5 hrs per day)
F – Frequently (2.5 – 5.5 hrs per day) C – Continually (5.5-8 hrsper day)
NA – Not Applicable
Stationary Standing Occasionally
Walking (level surface) Occasionally
Walking (uneven surface) Occasionally
Crawling Not Applicable
Crouching (bend at knees) Occasionally
Stooping (bend at waist) Occasionally
Twisting (knees/waist/neck) Occasionally
Climbing (stairs) Rarely
Climbing (ladder) Rarely
Reaching overhead Occasionally
Reaching extension Frequently
Repetitive use arms Frequently
Repetitive use wrists Frequently
Repetitive use hands grasping Frequently
Repetitive use hands squeezing Occasionally
Fine manipulation Continually
Using foot control Occasionally
Maximum weight: 40 lbs. Occasionally
Maximum weight: 40 lbs. Occasionally
Maximum weight: 40 lbs. Occasionally
Employee will work primarily in a school/office environment with both natural and fluorescent lighting with quiet or moderate noise levels.
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants interested in and qualified for the posted position must submit an online application. Applications that are incomplete and/or not submitted will not be forwarded to the hiring administrator for review. The following will need to be uploaded with the application: current cover letter for the posted position; current resume; copy of transcripts conferring required degree; three current letters of reference (one of which must be from your current supervisor). and any other materials requested on the application.
Please note: If hired, a new hire packet will be emailed and must be completed prior to processing. Fingerprints will be required for all employees of Pueblo City Schools prior to your processing date.
Pueblo City Schools seeks to comply with state and/or federal law prohibiting discrimination in employment on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, sex (gender), age genetic information, or disabilities in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries regarding Pueblo City Schools' compliance may be referred to the Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Compliance Officer for Pueblo City Schools, 315 West 11th St., Pueblo, CO 81003 (719) 549-7162.
Si usted necesita ayuda con la traduccion, de esta informacion, por favor llame a la oficina del distrito.