Transportation Aide (AM Route)
Under the general supervision of the Bus Driver, the transportation aide helps ensure the safe transportation of students to and from school, residential neighborhoods, and possibly field trips. This position is for the AM route.
This position reports to the Principal.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains order and discipline in an effective and courteous manner among students being transported in accordance with district policies and procedures; reports any incidents involving student discipline.
- Maintains and submits records and reports as required.
- Follows procedures to ensure that no child is left alone on bus without adult supervision at any time, and that all children have departed bus at the end of all bus routes (morning, evening and during field trips or other special trips).
- In case of accidents/emergencies, evacuates children according to written and practiced procedures, ensures that medical emergency procedures are followed; completes a written report as required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Travels to and from school district buildings, to vehicle service stations, field trip locations and other destinations are required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. The demands of this job are as customary in a school bus environment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in this environment can be from moderate to quite loud depending upon the activity on the bus.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individual currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.