JobID 4820 : Computer Specialist-Old Mill Elementary (#2030603)
About Old Mill Elementary
- Opened in 2017. Located in Stansbury Park.
- Our focus is on providing excellent, evidence-based instruction in a safe and orderly environment that nurtures high quality relationships.
- Looking for individuals who love serving students and families and who are interested in continuing to build a culture of achievement and respect.
Under the direct supervision of the principal, teach computers as a part of the specials schedule to grades K-6 weekly.
Essential Job Functions
- Planning and instructing engaging and age-appropriate computer skill lessons
- Establishing and reinforcing positive class management
- Managing the computer lab during instruction
- Supervising recess as part of a rotating schedule
- Coordinating end-of-year testing schedule
- Assist with student assessments, including, but not limited to, benchmark,DIBELS, DAZE, and state testing.
- Additional duties as assigned
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, or Google Docs, Slides, Sheets
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form
- Ability to work with diverse groups of individuals
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, employees and others
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff and others contacted in the course of work
- Ability to report work orally or in writing to supervisor as required
- Effective writing and verbal communication skills
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be at 21 years of age
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
*Part time, 26 hours weekly, time card employee
*Position is funded by Utah State Land Trust funds, when funds are depleted, position ends for the school year and will likely continue the following year.
Support Professional Salary Schedule, Lane 1
Not Benefit Eligible