JobID 253 : Assistant Principal ~ Vernal Middle School (#2025407)
Job | Posted 8 days ago
POSITION: ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL ~ VERNAL MIDDLE SCHOOL (6-8 Grades)
Applicant must be 21 years or Older
District Expectations for Assistant Principal
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully and positively with all students to provide them with assistance in meeting their educational needs. Coordinates, facilitates and implements disciplinary intervention steps and processes with staff, working closely with the principal.
- A strong background and evidence of successful experience in curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation;
- A strong background and evidence of successful experience in staff supervision and evaluation;
- Demonstrated exceptional leadership ability in previous assignments;
- Knowledge of budgeting procedures and demonstrated ability to manage budget appropriations;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with community groups and parents as well as students and staff;
- Maintain professional competencies through continued learning;
- The ability to serve as a resource for building staff, administrators, and parents in working with students, creating a positive school climate, and helping students develop a positive self-concept. Skill in human relations, which demonstrates sensitivity to needs and concerns of others. Participates or leads development of positive behavior support systems and development of intervention strategies.
- Must possess the ability to interpret attendance data accurately. Coordinates, facilitates and implements attendance intervention steps, including but not limited to holding attendance conferences, making home visits, and attendance court. Contacts students and parents to discuss attendance irregularities.
- Successful history of maintaining a well-disciplined atmosphere for staff and students;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing with clarity and conciseness.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Your application will be complete when you provide the following:
- Evidence of a college master’s degree from an accredited institution with evidence of qualification in chosen area of specialization;
- Copy of Utah Certificate and Administrative/Supervisory Certificate or the ability to obtain evidence of certification by effective date of assignment from the Certification Office at the Utah State Office of Education or evidence of enrollment in an Administrative/Supervisory Certificate program with a 3 year limitation for completion;
- Evidence of ability to work effectively with children, parents, staff and community by means of a minimum of three letters of recommendation;
- Evidence of a high standard of academic performance through provision of undergraduate and graduate transcripts;
- Completed application;
- Evidence of minimum of five years’ successful experience as a classroom teacher;
- Evidence of experience with standards based curriculum and assessment is desirable;
- An essay (maximum of one typewritten page) explaining clearly how you meet the above district expectations.
COMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED FIRST
Salary: As per district administration salary schedule.
Deadline for Applying: February 19, 2020
Uintah School District
635 W 200 S, Vernal, UT 84078
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $7,571 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 7%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 22.85
% IEP Students
State Average: 12%
State Average: 338